Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Whipple SC Tune Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big&Ugly
Thanks for all the Help.
The Tuner is not locked, so it must be that I have the wrong PCM and of course, the Guy I have the SC from has parted out the Car and the PCM is gone. My Son has contacted Brenspeed, they claim they can't do it? and to go ahead and contact Whipple direct, but the Whipple Site is set up in Way to get me lost, have mailed Lethal Performance and see what they say, I will buy a new Tuner with the Tune, just to do it right, I WANT TO START THAT BABY!!!!
What did he ask brenspeed to do? They can make a custom tune for your supercharged car, they can't change the tune you have to work with your car. You shouldn't need a new tuner.

Do you have a SCT tuner or the procal tuner that comes with the whipple kit? I was under the impression you have a sct x3.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Big&Ugly

Originally Posted by moosestang
What did he ask brenspeed to do? They can make a custom tune for your supercharged car, they can't change the tune you have to work with your car. You shouldn't need a new tuner.

Do you have a SCT tuner or the procal tuner that comes with the whipple kit? I was under the impression you have a sct x3.
I do not have the Original Procal Tuner, what I have is an SCT Xcalibrator 2(can't read the serial number on the back) that supposedly has the tune loaded, it is not locked, will load the Tune, crank, but not start. I also have my old SCT SF3 Powerflash with my original Tune, starts the Engine with the Whipple, runs VERY rich. To make sure that I get the Baby running, I will buy a new Tuner that holds the correct Tune. I just want to be sure that I have the correct set up, maybe the Problem is within the Tuner itself. My biggest Problem is that 1. I cant find no one over here to help with the SCT tuner, I had to sent mine to the US to get it unlocked before and 2. if I am able to find someone, they will charge me a months Salary for 2 Minutes of Work
So, if there is anyone that can help, PLEASE: bring this Baby back to life ;-)
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Sounds like a new tuner from lethal or brenspeed is the way to go.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:43 AM
Big&Ugly

Thanks for the Answers, they make more sense than my own thoughts...
I am still used to adjusting Carbs, set Timings and listen to ticking Engines, my Son takes care of that Computer stuff. I will run over to my Garage and see what I come up with, hopefully I can get the tune by email, I hardly can't wait to hear that Baby "whine", even if it is only in my Garage, it's just to cold outside to drive it. I will keep you updated. Shipping the SCT to the US is not an Option, German Customs will make me pay for the Thing again, regardless if it was mine before or not, I better don't Comment that.
Again, thanks and you will hear from me again

The Second Place is the First Loser ,-)
Finally, I was able to get the Whipple SC tuned over here in Germany, which actually makes more sense to have a Tune adjusted to our Autobahn Speeds. I am impressed!!!! It is set to 526 DIN PS @ 665 DIN Nm. Had it for a 250 Mile Trip home on the Autobahn, this thing is just pushing forward, where before it had Problems to keep up with some of the European Cars, now I can play with them.
I will post a short Clip as soon the Snow melts away to show you what driving a Supercharged Mustang on Germany's Autobahn feels like ;-)
Old 03-31-2013, 06:21 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Finally, I was able to get the Whipple SC tuned over here in Germany, which actually makes more sense to have a Tune adjusted to our Autobahn Speeds. I am impressed!!!! It is set to 526 DIN PS @ 665 DIN Nm. Had it for a 250 Mile Trip home on the Autobahn, this thing is just pushing forward, where before it had Problems to keep up with some of the European Cars, now I can play with them.
I will post a short Clip as soon the Snow melts away to show you what driving a Supercharged Mustang on Germany's Autobahn feels like ;-)
Cool! Did you end up ordering a tuner from the US?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:03 AM
Big&Ugly

Cool! Did you end up ordering a tuner from the US?
No, got the Word about SCHROPP Fahrzeugtechnik near Stuttgart,Germany, he is one of the few over here that know's what to do if it comes to tuning US made Vehicles, a licensed SCT Dealer and he really got that Baby goin'.....! I had it up to 140 and it still pulls forward! As I wrote, it is dyno'd at 526 DIN PS, and this was 'reduced' to make sure the Engine will last.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:21 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

congrats on getting the car on the road. always put the highest octane in it and
hopefully the engine will last a long time for you.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't do any top speed runs. It seems to be an engine killer. If you can get to 140 in 45th, then that's fine, but I don't give mine wide open throttle in 5th gear, ever!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:34 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I wouldn't do any top speed runs. It seems to be an engine killer. If you can get to 140 in 45th, then that's fine, but I don't give mine wide open throttle in 5th gear, ever!
Where are you seeing it being an engine killer?
Sure pull in 5th is terrible (which is why I went to the t-56 magnum), there's not much torque in 5th, but it will pull up to 150, and then continue ever so slowly beyond that with the whipple HO kit, it's pretty much drag limited between 155-160. As long as it is tuned to give plenty of fuel and pull timing as necessary for intake temps and your not driving for miles at WOT, it should be good.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

there's one member here that had a supercharger with a conservative tune and his
engine blew shortly after shifting to 5th on a WOT run. too risky for me, so my fun
is limited to 4th gear as well.

Quick Reply: Whipple SC Tune Help needed