Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

05/06 Mustang Supercharger Tech

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 05/06 Mustang Supercharger Tech

I'm also cosidering the procharger kit (1fp211-sci).Has anybody with the automatic transmission installed a supercharger.Also from photos I noticed the forced air induction runs back toward the firewall.Isnt it sucking hot air?Defeating the purpose.I have a NOS 100 shot system in place now.The speed shop I want to install it says to remove it.I dont want to seeing its installed already.Any opinions?
Old 03-10-2006, 02:21 AM
dyeguy

What would you do if you left the nitrous on? You won't be able to use both at the same time without damaging the engine. I had a Zex kit on mine before I installed my Procharger. I had considered leaving the nitrous on so I could spray a purge line at the intercooler when at the track just for cooling the air intake a little more but decided to sell it instead. As far as the air intake drawing in hot air you're probably right but then again the air coming out of the blower is pretty hot anyway and it still has to pass through the intercooler before entering the engine.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:19 PM
SVT99LEGEND
1st Gear Member

Can we get a Poll or somehting so we can see how many motors have Rods thrown threw them for people that go over 400HP. Mileage and conditions at time also please, and any other details you can think of.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:04 PM
dyeguy

A poll is a really good idea. I hope not to add mine to that list. I'm running at 475 HP right now.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:12 AM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

This thread is a great idea and I was really hoping to see more responses here. I have a new 2006 GT that I am in the middle of getting the full Cervini's body kit installed on and my next step IS forced induction. The problem is, there are so many to choose from I was hoping to read more about other's experiences.

I've gone back and forth several times trying to decide which would be best for my application and goals. My car is an automatic. I have a little history with shredding automatic transmissions. My last car I looked everywhere, got the tranny built the best I could and still trashed it. The auto tranny in the Mustang is definitely stronger and with the strong aftermarket support, I'm positive a race worthy upgrade will be available before too long. To be easier on the transmission, I'm considering one of the centrifugal superchargers like ATI's ProCharger. Since they build boost rather than have it all available instantly like the twin screws, I figure the gradual torque would be easier on the tranny (opinions?).

One comment, it's important to mention whether you are talking about block horse power (BHP) or rear wheel horse power (RWHP). Many manufactures use the larger BHP number while most car owners/drivers use RWHP. When you get a dyno, some shops like to give BHP because they know the person bringing the car wants to see a big number although what they are usually measuring is WHP then the machine can do the math based on averages to increase the number. Most dyno shops won't do that though, knowing that the owner is smarter than that. -Joe

Old 03-11-2006, 05:02 PM
dyeguy

Maybe we need to start a new thread about the topic. This one has been up so long I think everyone ignores it. It would be nice to hear from everyone who has a supercharger on an 05/06 Mustang. Their experience with it, HP rating etc. A poll probably wouldn't give people the ability to share all those things.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:41 AM
kbernard

If it was a big problem Roush and Saleen would not offer it on there cars, they could not afford the warranty claims that would come from all the breaks. I'm sure the ones that we are hearing about have 1: pushed the threshole of the motor. 2: they have bad tunes/ leaning out. I'm not worried about it. I'm going to drop a Kenne Bell on at 8psi and roll on. I think Saleen, Roush, and Kenne Bell (roots style blowers) are going to give the customer a bigger thrill for the right off the bottom power. Were as the Vortech, and Procharger you have to turn them up to make power people are running more boost, and running them hard to catch up with the roots they gernading the motors. My 2 cents?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:29 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I'm STILL waiting for my SCT tuner from JDM to get here so I can get on with putting my Saleen blower in. Going with the full monty: JDM CAI, MAF converter, and 39 lb injectors. I'm sticking with the stock saleen 4psi pulley for now as I've been told by a few ppl in the know that with this setup I'll be putting down anywhere from 410 to 425rwhp. That's right about where I want to be....below what many are considering the safe limits: 8 psi and under, 450rwhp and under. JDM has had, to my knowledge, a flawless success rate with their tunes for the new Saleen blowers on these cars. They haven't cost anyone an engine failure yet. Then again, to my knowledge......no Saleen charger has been responsible for a blown engine yet.
I'm gonna post back here with feedback on my ride once the s/c is in. I'm really curious as to what 400+rwhp feels like in the seat of your pants. hehe
Old 03-18-2006, 11:03 AM
gregt909
2nd Gear Member

My '06 has the Roush charger. I've only put about 1000 miles on it so far but it's been great. I'm sure the tune is conservative since Roush is warrantying the drive train but it still pulls like crazy.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Yooler05GT

If you already have the roushcharger then go get yourself a high output tune from superchips or any respectable tuner. That and get higher psi belts and you could easily gain a 100 horse for the cost of a few hundred dollars

-------------------------

05 GT 5 speed Sonic Blue

mods: C&L Trueflow Intake, Diablosport Tuner

to come: eibach pro-plus suspension system, jba 3" full exhaust

Quick Reply: 05/06 Mustang Supercharger Tech