Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

05 -07 GT Exhaust Systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 05/06 GT Exhaust Systems

I love the tone of my 05 GT automatic. Just wish it was a LITTLE louder. Mainly idle and WOT. I don't want it anywhere near SLP loudmouth loud. Get to much attention from cops then.

Which exhaust should I be looking for?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Dr. Black_Stang

Default RE: 05 -07 GT Exhaust Systems

This may have been asked before... but I am putting on the american thunder axle backs, should I stay with the stock H pipe or go with an aftermarket X... If so, is the no brand X pipe on ebay okay to use?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Delt55

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Just bought my car last monday 8-6-07. And after only30 secondsin the car I fell in love with it. Anywayz anyone here knowanything about cherry bomb exhaust. I was asking my sales rep at work (I work for an auto repair facility) about flowmaster axle back systems, and he told me that they have a problem with resonation or buzzing between 60 and 70 mph. He then referred me to the cherry bomb website and told me they were based of off flowmasters, but have a bigger tip and there internal wing is moved to alleviate the problem. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:17 PM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

Dont get a cherry bomb...stick with teh companies that have been talked about on this sticky, SLP, Corsa, Borla, etc
Old 08-17-2007, 02:23 PM
underdog
1st Gear Member

I live in Houston,Tx. and we have emission testing here for vehicle inspections. I was wondering what exhaust modifications that will give me horsepower plus sound and yet still allow me to pass the emission testing?
Old 08-17-2007, 04:56 PM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: underdog

I live in Houston,Tx. and we have emission testing here for vehicle inspections. I was wondering what exhaust modifications that will give me horsepower plus sound and yet still allow me to pass the emission testing?
So long as you don't remove/alter your catalytic converters or O2 sensors, your options are wide open.

Mess with the cats and you'll throw off tailpipe emissions, if your state uses that method where they stick the probe in the tailpipe. Alter the O2's and the car may not run an optimal air/fuel mixture, or the computer may store a code, which would fail you on OBDII computer check.

Just keep with anything not sold as "Off-road" and you shouldn't have any worries... now get shopping!!

I'd suggest starting with axle-backs (basically mufflers) -easy install too. That would get you tone, and a small power gain. *****-out would be headers, h-pipe/x-pipe, etc., but a full exhaust redo requires more research and consideration; short vs. long headers or h vs. x pipe can change the RPMs where peak power gains are realized, so you'd want to think about your driving style and needs before you dive into a complete exhaust system.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 PM
underdog
1st Gear Member

I appreciate the assistance. Another question I have asked is what exactly are stingers? I do not see anything on the FRPP site that said Stingers.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:17 AM
FC

Do the aftermarket pipes make an allowance for the catalytic converters?
Thanks.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:46 AM
The Magician
2nd Gear Member

Sorry guys I dont feel like reading 11pages... Looking for a full header back exhaust replacement. Preferably Long tube headers, catted X-pipe, and cat back with a 4" tip. So Far it looks like SLP has the best full package. But I'd like to hear feed back from others as to what you'd recommend. Price is a concern, but not a limiting concern. Thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 07:45 PM
lukewarmgt

Default RE: 05/06 GT Exhaust Systems

I put bbk shortys on mine. I had ford racing cat backs on before that the cat backs sounded good to start. When the headers went on it gave the car a much deeper sound. If you look at the stock manifolds compared to the jba there is a lot more air flow. plus the inline exhaust flow of the stock manifold causes the flow to not be equal on all cylinders. If you really want to wake the exhaust up hi-flow cats or off road pipe will make it sound just plain evil.

Quick Reply: 05 -07 GT Exhaust Systems