4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

Turbocoupe seats in fox?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:02 PM
nismotunedgtr
2nd Gear Member

Default Turbocoupe seats in fox?

I was wondering if I could take all the electronics from some old TC seats and install them in my Stang?

They are the 4 way adjustable ones (I think). I don't want the seats (they are moldy).
Old 01-06-2007, 04:59 PM
evintho
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Turbocoupe seats in fox?

Yes you can. It takes a little fabrication, but not much. I installed Cougar seats on TC seat tracks and electronics in my '89 Mustang. You'll need to remove the manual tracks from your Mustang seats. You'll probably have to drill some holes to mount the seats to the TC power tracks. Mount the TC tracks to the Mustang floor. I used some 2" square tubing in the rear as spacers and a length of 3/16" flat stock in the front, spaced it evenly to the floor with washers, drilled some holes and bolted it to the floor. I then mounted the TC tracks to the stock and2" spacers.

Grab the electrical harness and switches from the TC. It's been awhile but I'm pretty sure the Mustang will have a connection for power seats under the drivers seat. Splice the TC harness into that. All you need is power and ground to the harness. The hardest part is finding a place to mount the switches. I mounted mine where the ashtray used to be.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...71_79_full.jpg

There's somewhat of a write-up on page 4 of my cardomain page.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/530871/4
Old 01-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

slightly on a different topic...i've got power gt seats that don't do anything automatically. how would i go about hooking them up
Old 01-06-2007, 09:21 PM
evintho
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jugador
i've got power gt seats that don't do anything automatically.
Jug, please explain?????
Old 01-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

they aren't plugged into anything and i don't know enough to get them wired in. my car is a 93 with manual windows/locks so i assume there's no wiring in the harness to hook into easily.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:26 PM
nismotunedgtr
2nd Gear Member

I thought all the wiring is there, just not plugged in. Just so they could make one harness and keep it simple.

Remove your kick panels and look around, you'll find some wires that aren't used.

Thats how it was with my door speakers, there were plugs inside the door. And then they went into the kickpanel and were taped aside. So, I didn't have to run and wires to the door.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:27 PM
TBird232ci
5th Gear Member

Juggy, if you get the wiring harness for the seats, there *should* be a plug on the driver side of the car, under the carpet where it connects to. Im not 100% sure, but i believe my friends 88 had it
Old 01-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

sweet i'll look around in a bit and see if i can find it
Old 01-07-2007, 06:53 PM
evintho
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TBird232ci

Juggy, if you get the wiring harness for the seats, there *should* be a plug on the driver side of the car, under the carpet where it connects to. Im not 100% sure, but i believe my friends 88 had it
What he said! Mineoriginally had manual tracks but the connection for power seats was under the drivers seat. You may have to lift up the carpet to access it but it should be there.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:18 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

It will be there, all the mustangs that I have seen have it right under the seat.

Quick Reply: Turbocoupe seats in fox?