4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

i took some pics of my intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 02:26 AM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 924banger
What did it do?
well it actually just happened again when i tried to drive it again but i just felt like it died then it backfired. my friend who works on cars thought it could be the fuel pump going because it would stay on and when he stomped on the gas it would go no where. my intake is messed up mind you and my exhaust has a hole in the muffler. i got a couple buddies that are going to help me with the swap in the next couple days hopefully but i dont think im going to have the turbo engine dropped in within driving time so i might need to see what is wrong with this engine first. im going to check the spark plugs tomorrow because my friend also suggested a tune-up/timing problem.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:36 PM
924banger
4th Gear Member

Check the codes, the computer might have something even though the check engine light isn't on. Make sure your EGR valve is working properly, they like to clog up and hinder acceleration, leaving it in carb cleaner over night will clean it very well. Then check the o2 censor. I don't think having a hole in your exhaust would be a factor. Your intake maybe, test the coil pack you plugged back in also.
When he stomped on the gas did the car die?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:09 PM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

no stomping on the gas didnt kill the car, it just dies on its own pretty much but im going to go over all that stuff tomorrow to check it all out.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:10 PM
hellion_79
5th Gear Member

FORD: Fix Repair Daily

Lol, never fails. I hope you find out whats wrong with it. A nice thing about fords is you can usually fix the problem on the road, they wont leave ya hangin
Old 08-20-2008, 10:45 AM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

also how can i remove the muffler to make it a straight through. i hate the sound of having a hole in it.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:58 AM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

this all started to happen after i plugged back in the sensor thingy shown in one of my pics that you told me to plug back in. after my tach started to work i was shifting at much higher RPMs than before because i actually saw my RPMs. then it died after that. could it possibly be because i plugged that in? how would i check the coil packs?
Old 08-20-2008, 12:38 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Take the coil pack to auto zone and get them to test it/them
Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
924banger
4th Gear Member

Yeah that sounds like your problem, since it just started with hooking up the coil pack. Sounds like the previous owner of the car new it was messed up but didn't spend the cash to fix it.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:04 PM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

well i took it to them and they checked it for continuity, and everything passed. the primary was a little high he said, he said it was supposed to be in the .3-.7 range and it was about .9 but besides that they passed for cont. i took a spark plug to Advance Auto Parts and he said it was fouled out, he said it could be a possibility of it just needing new plugs and wires. a buddy of mine suggested the fuel pump to be going out but the guy at auto zone said it was most likely an ignition/electrical problem like plugs.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:39 PM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

well should i just replace the spark plugs thinking its the problem? i drove the car today and it didnt die. it stalled once but that may have been me shifting from reverse to 1st and letting the clutch go too soon. when i try and stomp on it it the car rattles and doesnt want to go any faster unless you slowly accelerate.

Quick Reply: i took some pics of my intake