5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

got my K-MEMBER AND COILOVERS in

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 06:07 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Default got my K-MEMBER AND COILOVERS in

i am so close now to getting my car back together. i am waiting on my a arms and thats it cannot wait to get her back together its been almost 5 months since i have drove it
Old 03-03-2006, 06:11 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: got my K-MEMBER AND COILOVERS in

Cool bro. I'm very happy for you. I can't even imagine what its like to be without a Stang for that long. I start going through withdrawls after 2 days when mine is out of commision. ha ha ha. Get some pics up as soon as you can. Let us know how it rides.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:16 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Well, congrats! 5 months isnt bad at all though. I've had my car for almost 3 years and only drove it less than 600 miles!!! I can count on my hands how many times I've taken it out. Now I am going through some serious withdrawl!!! [:@]
Old 03-03-2006, 06:21 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Sweet! Make sure you post up some pics when it's done!!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:59 PM
TAPOUT
2nd Gear Member

Which K member did you use? I just did mine, and there were all kinds of fitment issues. The lower control arm brackets were too wide, the motor mounts didn't allow for the little nipple next to the stud to remain on the mounts, the steering shaft is super close to the headers, alignment was way off...and I had to grind the he!! out of the nuts for the rear part of the lower control arm to get them to the bolt. I also had to grind the lower control arms to get enough clearance for the springs. I bought the cheap one from Sumit because they were out of stock on the good one that I wanted.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:26 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i bought the D&D one since so many people recommended it. what kinda c/c plates should i use?
Old 03-04-2006, 10:04 AM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

I heard the MM version CC plates are the best those are the ones Im getting for my car
Old 03-04-2006, 11:50 AM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

I got Steeda's 4 bolt all aluminum ones. There pretty good and look nice.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:00 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TAPOUT

Which K member did you use? I just did mine, and there were all kinds of fitment issues. The lower control arm brackets were too wide, the motor mounts didn't allow for the little nipple next to the stud to remain on the mounts, the steering shaft is super close to the headers, alignment was way off...and I had to grind the he!! out of the nuts for the rear part of the lower control arm to get them to the bolt. I also had to grind the lower control arms to get enough clearance for the springs. I bought the cheap one from Sumit because they were out of stock on the good one that I wanted.
I'm not sure you're the one to ask since you had such fitment problems, but how difficult SHOULD this project have been? Thinking about doing this on my car. Jack stands good enough?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:09 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

It's possible to do with "TALL" jack stands but a lift makes everyone "A LOT" easier. Once engine is either out or being held up off the motor mounts it's as easy as disconnecting the tie rod ends from back of the brakes. Take all brake components off, and unbolt 4 or 6 bolts (can't rememeber) and the k-member and a-arms all come out as one. Throw the new k-member up and bolt in place and put a-amrs on and either coil-overs or your springs (depends on what you use) attach brakes again and adjust tie rods to close to where they were before and then go get an alignment. With absolutely no experience I did mine within 6 hours. Hope the helps

***Caution***

Rememebr all of this was done on hydraulic lift. NOT jack stands.

Quick Reply: got my K-MEMBER AND COILOVERS in