5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Look what I got!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 07:41 PM
bmnlsc

Default RE: Look what I got!

ORIGINAL: Black Snake

Getting it installed Next thursday, and it costed me 1700 for the Charger and another 400 for the pulley, powerpipe and By-Pass tube. Ill be pushing the same amount of boost as the S-Trim, for a much cheaper price.
Black - are you saying that you will push the same amount of boost as a S-trim (providing the S-trim is in stock form)? or you saying that you will push the same amount of boost as the S-trim regardless of the pulley?

Glad to see another 5.0 taking the climb to the boost level playing field. I will recommend that you install the inline fuel pump. The added protection will ensure the proper amount of fuel is always on tap. They say with a proper tune you can get rid of the FMU, however just to be safe, I plan on keeping mine intact.

Good Luck on your build and I agree with the others that you got one hell of a deal with the all the work for $400. Take pictures of the install if you can and let's see those dyno numbers too.

BMN
Old 03-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Im going to be pushing the Same boost and keeping the stock pulley, so I dont void my Waranty. The Stock S-Trim is rated at 8-9lbs of boost and mine is rated at 6-7. With these new parts ill be pushing close to 9-10lbs.

If I were to use these parts on a S-Trim I would be pushing closer to 12-15 lbs. But I dont want to push the motor.

I went with a bigger crank so I can get more boost at Lower Rpm, Im never going to take this bad boy past 5000 Rpm.

So I want to be able to make about 6-8 lbs at boost at around 4500 Rpm. If that makes sense at all.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:20 PM
mcfomco
3rd Gear Member

Are you ready to give up and send me that hair drier yet? I am ready to send adress for you to send it to I will even pay shipping. LOL
Old 03-11-2006, 04:18 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

No! To be honest I havnt even tryed to install it. Im still waiting on Parts IE: PowerPipe and Bypass tube.

Its still teasing me in my room.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:25 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

dude sc hp is motivation if there has ever been any. i think youll get her on there right man.