5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

vibration-flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:23 AM
sick95gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: vibration-flywheel?

Actually, I didn't get a chance to look at it yet since I've been busy at work and I've had a few problems with the a/c ocompressor n my daily driver. I'll keep you guys up to date with anything I find though.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:30 AM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ikeybmg

could they have loosened up the flywheel while putting the h/b on and not realized it ya think?
i was starting to think you don't know what you 're talking about but this just made it obvious
Old 03-29-2006, 11:39 AM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sick95gt

ok, so the balancer is fine. It wobbles just cuz the whole engine wobbles from the cam. I tried pulling the wires one by one and it didn't really get much worse. It just sounded a little funny and was more hesitant when revving up. It didnt vibrate any more though. I don't know if it's possible to vibrate any worse than it does....[&o] From this point, I dont know what else to do. I was going to replace the clutch anyway since it was on its way out. I'm just wondering if I should just replace the clutch components and the flywheel, since I was going to do it anyway and just go from there.

that's what i would do...i bet it's you're pressure plate. good luck

btw don't drive it if you don't have to
Old 03-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

could it be possible that the flywheel has cracked at where it bolts on? cause i just had to replace the flywheel in my truck and thats exactly what had happened. and with that the whole motor was shaking. sick thats what is sounds like to me is the issue.
the same thing happened to my friends 68. he told me his engine was runnin funny and vibrating and the next day he did a burnout and about 10 sec's in the wheels stopped moving and the motor was screaming. took it apart and the center piece of the flywheel was torn right out. also could be your press plate like turbostang said. i was think the flywheel by the end of the first page.