5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

control arrrmmmsss

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 12:57 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

Default control arrrmmmsss

thinkin about upgrading my rear control arms. opinions on brands? anyone ever heard of hook ups? Im also probably gonna throw some new springs on the old rustang. anybody got any feed back on springs? i was thinkin eibach prokit..i found a set for 150. umm..thats all.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:02 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

Default RE: control arrrmmmsss

the eibach prkit and sportlines are the best on the market, i dont care who says different, 150?...id grab em up. and upr and max motorsports are the best control arms, i have upr and they are da shizzle!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:04 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

i was kind of thinking about uprs too. the guy i work with boght a upr k member and holy hell is it lighter than *****. it looks strong as hell too.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:46 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

yea theyre stout. mine improved my holeshot alot. get adjustable though.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:00 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

upr is designed for drag racing, not street driving, Eibach has a rep that it real does not deserve, Maximum Motorsports race with what they sell
Old 03-24-2006, 02:03 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

I just got some 4 banger springs under my car today and i jerked the front sway bar off. Hell before i had NO traction, now i can actually get on the gas some more and the front end flies up when i nail it, it launches like a basard now, i love it. As for a K member, i know a couple people with the PA unit, they're really great quality. In my opinion PA racing and Maximum Motorsports are on the same level. Make sure you get a K member than doesnt move the front wheels back or forwards, that can be a prob if you dont have skinnies. Im getting some MegaByte Jr lower control arms, ive heard nothing but good things about them so thats pretty much set in concrete for me.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88stangaruu
In my opinion PA racing and Maximum Motorsports are on the same level.
um, they are exact opposite ends of the scale, PA is drag racing, MM is road racing....PA is very light and MM is not that light but has redesigned steering geomertry so the car will turn better
Old 03-24-2006, 02:31 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

better springs than eibach??? enlighten me. and upr are as good as any, road racing sux. dragging is the main opjective.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:31 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

I've always heard good things about MM, never heard of PA though. What Im looking for is something that will give me good handling, but will be drag worthy when the time comes. whats the deal with Eibach, Twister? why dont they deserve their rep? just bad products?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ikeybmg

better springs than eibach??? enlighten me. and upr are as good as any, road racing sux. dragging is the main opjective.
H & R Springs have the BEST history of springs in racing, Indy 500 wins for decades, 24 hours of Le Mans, and to me, drag racing is like premature ijaculation, even if you mess up it is over in less than 30 seconds

Quick Reply: control arrrmmmsss