5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

NEED HELP WITH TRANMISSION

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Fordrod
1st Gear Member

Default NEED HELP WITH TRANMISSION

I HAVE A 89 MUSTANG WITH A T-5. WHEN I RACE AND TRY TO SHIFT INTO 2ND GEAR AT HIGH RPM'S I HEAR A GRINGING NOICE BUT 2ND TO 3RD WORKS FINE..AT NORMAL SPEED'S ALL GEARS WORK FINE,JUST WHEN I STEP ON IT, I CANT SHIFT INTO 2ND , IT WOULD NOT LET ME.. NEED SO INFO ON WHAT COULD BE THE PROMBLEM ! ! ! !!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:16 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP WITH TRANMISSION

Either your second gear has been missed too many times or the 2nd gear synchro is starting to go.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Mthd11
3rd Gear Member

definatly a syncro, same thing happned to my bros VW Vr6 tranny, it started to be a real hard shifty to make 1-2 then a few days after, he couldnt shift at all from 1-2. Solution? by a new tranny or take it to a GOOD tranny shop. We're still trying to fix the syncro in his old tranny but we cant get it to budge, it might be a broken piece of metal of some sort jamming it or wedged in somewhere.

And please dont type in all caps , and attempt to spell properly, come on now[8D]
Old 03-28-2006, 04:05 PM
ocalecoc

[:@]Before you start implying that people can't spell, check yourself first.....definatly and happned (check your reply in red) but the correct spelling is definitely and happened. To use your words, "come on now".......
ORIGINAL: Mthd11

definatly a syncro, same thing happned to my bros VW Vr6 tranny, it started to be a real hard shifty to make 1-2 then a few days after, he couldnt shift at all from 1-2. Solution? by a new tranny or take it to a GOOD tranny shop. We're still trying to fix the syncro in his old tranny but we cant get it to budge, it might be a broken piece of metal of some sort jamming it or wedged in somewhere.

And please dont type in all caps , and attempt to spell properly, come on now[8D]
Old 03-28-2006, 05:54 PM
1BADASSLX
3rd Gear Member

he he!!!! lol!! good one!
ORIGINAL: ocalecoc

[:@]Before you start implying that people can't spell, check yourself first.....definatly and happned (check your reply in red) but the correct spelling is definitely and happened. To use your words, "come on now".......

Old 03-28-2006, 05:58 PM
91stang
4th Gear Member

or you just don't know how to drive stick and the clutch isn't in all the way
Old 03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Mthd11
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ocalecoc

at least you can easily read what i said.. GRINGING...

Old 03-28-2006, 08:25 PM
ocalecoc

Hey why you mad? Or in other words why you crying?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Mthd11
3rd Gear Member

Why you talkin ****?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

why are both of you bickering over something so stupid.

As for the topic, 2nd gear is the most abused gear you have. It may be time to take and replace the gear and synchro. How many miles you got on that sucker?

Quick Reply: NEED HELP WITH TRANMISSION