5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

gas pedle hits floor before wot

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 03:36 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Default gas pedle hits floor before wot

trying to tune with my pms and having trouble because i have to put the gas peddle threw the floor boards to get wot. ive checked two tps sensors and they both show the same. then opned the intake up and pushed the gas peddle down all the way and saw the valve doesnt open all the way. damn it! its screwing with my tuning and i have a broken right ankle so im having enough trouble driving. i saw a very long time ago a site that shows a way to mod the gas peddle so that it sits farther off the floor but i cant find that site for the life of me. does anyone know that site or a way to fix this problem? ive tried bending the gas peddle but im affraid to break it and i dont want to cut my carpet and sound deadening crap unless i really have to
Old 04-09-2006, 04:21 AM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

Default RE: gas pedle hits floor before wot

cant you just adjust it?
Old 04-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

trying to tune with my pms and having trouble because i have to put the gas peddle threw the floor boards to get wot. ive checked two tps sensors and they both show the same. then opned the intake up and pushed the gas peddle down all the way and saw the valve doesnt open all the way. damn it! its screwing with my tuning and i have a broken right ankle so im having enough trouble driving. i saw a very long time ago a site that shows a way to mod the gas peddle so that it sits farther off the floor but i cant find that site for the life of me. does anyone know that site or a way to fix this problem? ive tried bending the gas peddle but im affraid to break it and i dont want to cut my carpet and sound deadening crap unless i really have to
I think you'll find the procedure to cure the slack problem at http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm.

Hope this helps. GL
Old 04-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

Other things to check:
Floor mats in the way
Pedal covers hitting the carpet/mats
Old 04-09-2006, 04:48 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

joel thats exactly the link i was looking for! thank you very much.
Grimace5.0, my floor mats dont cover that area and i dont have pedal covers
Old 04-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckythirteen13

joel thats exactly the link i was looking for! thank you very much.
Grimace5.0, my floor mats dont cover that area and i dont have pedal covers
You're welcome.....didn't take a good look at your sig before, a question if I may....how's the Mr. Freeze working for you?...currently working on a SN95 with Vortech,Tweecer, Mr. Freeze,...... and would like to get your feedback. GL
Old 04-09-2006, 06:04 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

man that was a b**ch to do! those instructions dont apply that well to my 92 cause when i detached the cable from the tb i didnt get any where near 8" of slack. i got 3" at the very most. also, i had to work with one hand and no eyes because of where the cable is (very high up under the dash. after about a half hour and a lot of swearing i got it done. tb opens all the way and because of that, the tps sensor reads almost .5v more.

for the mr. freeze kit ive only seen minimal gains but for a good reason. i put the kit in when i was still running my custom chip for 9psi of boost making 403rwhp. at the same time as the mr. freeze kit, i swapped the 9psi pulley for a 12psi pulley. because i didnt have the pms at teh time all i could do was add base timing. so i added 4* base timing even tho with the meth kit you can add 9-15* total timing. also, with the chip i was running a steady 10.5:1 afr (stupid dyno tuner) so with the meth flowing my wide band couldnt even read it it was so rich.
now that my throttle cable is fixed i can finish my tuning for wot while n/a. when im done, the sc belt goes back on and the methanol will begin to spray again. im shooting for around 12:1 afr with it and about 30* total timing with 12psi of boost. everyone i know running methanol has had nothing but large gains from it so i expect the same. when i get the afr down and the timing close ill be going to a dyno to dial in the tuning all the way and of course will be posting my hp numbers

do a search in the "pipes, boost and juice" section. there is a lot of topics on it. also read up at http://www.snowperformance.net/ not their advertisements but the forum full of people running methanol injection
Old 04-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the info....yeah, the only other thing worse than doing that pedal slack fix is replacing the clutch quadrant....very comfortable.

From the mods and plans you mention, reads like we're taking the same route. Doing more or less the same upgrades/mods with the exception of the Tweecer, and the addition of a cam upgrade. Will let you know how it does after the dyno tune too. GL