5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

World Products - Windsor Jr. heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 03:13 PM
88blackCONvert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: World Products - Windsor Jr. heads

ORIGINAL: Tims 88GT
if ur going to cut pistons when u rebuild the motor, just run the stage 2 cam and 1.6rr
Don't think im gonna cut em, probably get a new set already cut. You don't think stage 2 is gonna be too much for a mostly street car? Sorry bout all the ?? but im just trying to gather some info for when i do slap it togather. Thanx for the help fellas!
Old 04-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

no ask away thats what this place is for lol. na i think it would be fine for the street. do u have an auto or 5spd? if you have a auto you might want to look at a stall
Old 04-14-2006, 03:33 PM
88blackCONvert
2nd Gear Member

it's a 5 spd with 3.55's (stock drive train right now) with a 750 carb and rpm intake. will the stage 2 and TW heads still kick it with my current setup, or will i have to get a vic jr intake to run the high lift cam??
Old 04-26-2006, 12:31 AM
capri331

ORIGINAL: 88blackCONvert

I've looked around, but im kinda worried about buying a set of used heads that i can't inspect, know what i mean. I was just wondering if anyone had or are using the windsor jr's, and some real life results??
FWIW, I just bought a set of Roush 180's off of ebay but there is 2 guys who are decent on the Corral that have a couple of sets. One has a set of Dart J/R, the original WinJR heads and the other has a set of WinJR heads. The guy with the darts is from Fla and the other is from Cali. The only reason I didn't buy from either one of these guys is because the Roush 180's I got were brand new and I knew what the sell wanted for them and I was going to try to win them.

Just a little friendly help.

Also another friend of mine has WinJR's on his Capri and he is very happy with them. One thing that people tend to over look when it comes to heads is average airflow not the peak airflow. Who cares if it flows 290cfm @ .600" lift if you are using a B303 cam? You want to find flow figures that not only have been documented by the manufacturer but hopefully by an independant source. Here is an example of what I mean by average numbers.

Flow Numbers from MM&FF
Old 04-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Decurion
2nd Gear Member

what kind of flywheel horsepower can a box stock 185cc head typically support N/A?
and good point capri, the very good low lift flow numbers are why I want a set of AFRs. they match anyone for peak flow, but outflow the competition at less than peak lift, which is very important.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:54 AM
88blackCONvert
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info man. I've since decided to save up for some TW heads from trickflow, and go with the stage 1 cam. It should be a good setup/step up from stock, and the windsor JR's.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:57 AM
Crump_4
2nd Gear Member

88 how much $$ you wanting to spend? Also if your around this weekend I will grab one of my procomp heads and let you take a look at it. I can prob. get you a set cheper than anyone else if you like them
ORIGINAL: 88blackCONvert

I was thinking about getting a set of the Windsor Jr's (180cc) to slap on the ol' mustang. What do you guys think about these heads, and what cam would best compliment them? I like the price on them, so they are the front runners in my wallet so far.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:11 AM
ddeaton66
3rd Gear Member

+1 on TW they rock
Old 04-26-2006, 01:18 AM
capri331

Well as much as TW heads will be a step up you shuld consider a few things. One is that with WinJR heads you can easily locate a set in the $500 range. You could use them for a year or 2 and still sell them for the same $500 you paid. Also, you would be making a switch to a stud roller rocker and that would mean you could use those on the TW heads too. Another thing you don't want to do is have a set of wind tunnel heads on a block that can't make use out of a cross breeze Read the MM&FF article that I posted from the AFR articles section. It's a long series and if you don't have broad band you'll wish you did but that 8-9 month issue series is unmatched in SBF head testing and information bar none. I just wish that it would include some other heads we have out now.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:44 AM
88blackCONvert
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Crump_4

88 how much $$ you wanting to spend? Also if your around this weekend I will grab one of my procomp heads and let you take a look at it. I can prob. get you a set cheper than anyone else if you like them
It would be awesome if i could find a deal like my uncle got on his 72 chevelle (dudes wife sold it on him for $1000 when it had pro built engine/heads/rock crusher 4 spd ford 9", but was in couple different color primers, only needed paint and dash pad, but that'll probably not happen. I kinda bit the bullet on paying summit price for the twisted wedgies, but i would like to check out those procomps!! Wanna hit Tubby's sometime this weekend??

Quick Reply: World Products - Windsor Jr. heads