5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

crankcase pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 05:06 PM
bullet

Default crankcase pressure

i have a 94 gt that has a lot of pressure in the crankcase and when im driving and get on it i can hear it blowing the dipstick tube out, makes an exhaust leak sound and it causes me to leak a little oil from when its blowing the tube out. is there anything i can do to help reduce the pressure, i was gonna put a breather on the oil cap, but the pressure might blow it off and then it will be blowin oil all over everything. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Fox
1st Gear Member

Default RE: crankcase pressure

I would first check compression on each cylinder. It is possible one or more cylinder/s has a leak around the rings during the compression stroke. I hope not but just a thought. How many miles? Does it smoke?
Old 04-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

is the PCV good?
Old 04-26-2006, 06:33 PM
bullet

well it has 145,000 it also the intake pops so i think the timing is off its at 16 degrees i know thats hight but any lower and it wouldnt even start. (the kid i bought it off, his brother thinks hes a master mechanic, such a master he thought he would leave off the top 3 screws on each valve cover and it would be fine right) anyways i went to look at it and the intake was poppin out the headers and he said u could see flames so i knew the heads were probably warped so i passed, i talked to him a few months later he said he had put the stock heads back on and that it was all fixed so i test drove it no more poppin thought it was good, bought it then one day in just cruisin and it pops, so it still does it on slow excelleration if u just take off its fine. i havent done a compression check i know i should of i was gonna rebuilod and stroke it but i had just bought twisted wedge heads a week before the car so i figure im just gonna ride it till it takes a dump, but i was just hoping there was something i could do to relieve some of the pressure. it has no cats a bigger mass air,tb msd,24# injectors.

could it be the injectors with the stock heads and intake, or maybe the comp i know there sh**, i thinnk im gonna have to redo the dist, also the pvc looks good it was clean other than that i wouldnt know how to check it. sorry for it being so long but i know u need the facts. thanks a lot
Old 04-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Fox
1st Gear Member

As far as the popping out the intake goes,,, it does sound like a timing problem, but from what I know about the 94-95s, 10-14 degrees before top dead center is a good setting. I have mine at 13. When you look at the timing mark with a timing light, does the mark on the flywheel move around, or is it stable?
It is possible that your timing chain has so much play in it that the timing is moving around. I have had this problem before. Also when you set the timing did you remove the spout connector?
Old 04-26-2006, 06:58 PM
bullet

u know what i didnt remove the spout cause on the msd amd i think the stock dist. there isnt one is there. its not like my 90, where is it cuase i dont know. could it be that the dist. is off a tooth or two cause after i saw the valve covers i dont trust him at all i was gonna take off the top end and redo it but i might just wait til the rebuild with that mileage. as far as the mark if u mean the light it was bouncin around. what could be some bad effects if i just ride it how it is until its time is up.

thanks for the reply
Old 04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

the spout connector is not in the same place on the SN-95 as it is on the fox.. look over on the passenger sie of the engine bay under the airbox, where the ignition module is
Old 04-26-2006, 07:06 PM
bullet

well maybe thatll help i dont got a gun on me so maybe tomorrow i can check it and that might help thanks ill let you know
Old 04-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Fox
1st Gear Member

Adder is right on the location.

Hope you get her going!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

the 24's are over kill on astock motor.

Quick Reply: crankcase pressure