5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Am I an Idiot??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:04 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Am I an Idiot??

Its nice sometimes to have an automatic
Old 05-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Aaronic

I was no more than 20km/h over the speed limit. I was used to FWD vehicles where you could give it a little gas on wet roads. Obviously I know I ****ed up large and it was completely my fault but no need for comments like that

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

How old are you, why were you ****ing around when people are around, go buy a god damn Geo.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:27 PM
anthonydalrymple
3rd Gear Member

Learning lessons in life can come at you pretty hard sometimes, eh? You simply used bad judgement & lacked the experience to know that that was not the time nor place to be doing what you did with what you had.... Hopefully, this experience will be taken by you in the correct context & not dissuade you from ever driving again....
Old 05-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Lord Ashram
2nd Gear Member

You should drive like an old person on wet roads, always. I dont even drive my car if it is wet out (the benefit of having more than one car.) People who speed around in the wet are idiots... water just KILLS traction. Glad no one got hurt tho.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:31 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

yup completely your fault!!! Wet pavement + RWD= fishtail.. in most cases its fun, but your case, it really sux! To be honest , i have made that mistake before (dry pavement,hit a corner way to fast and too much gas) but we all have done something like this and learned from it. Good luck with your insurance bro
Old 05-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Aaronic

I have driven over 200,000km in my 4 years of driving and never caused an accident... I made a really stupid mistake in the wrong car (5.0) at the wrong time. I'm really paying the consequences trust me. Sucks to only have liability insurance.

ORIGINAL: Lord Ashram

You should drive like an old person on wet roads, always. I dont even drive my car if it is wet out (the benefit of having more than one car.) People who speed around in the wet are idiots... water just KILLS traction. Glad no one got hurt tho.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:00 PM
5.0 MPG
4th Gear Member

Your not an idiot, just a youngster, take it easy on yourself.

You got some ***** telling everyone here though cause most of us are going to rip you a new one!

Anyway we have all had our fair share of irresponsible fock ups. Anyone who says different is lying through their teeth. You live and you learn. Now if you make the same mistake twice then your an idiot!

Old 05-19-2006, 02:05 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5.0 MPG

You got some ***** telling everyone here though cause most of us are going to rip you a new one!
I dont have anything new to add but I thought this was so mint
Old 05-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

you ****ed up, thats all. people do alot, if you have stock gears what i do is i keep it above 1500 and then i shift at like 23. even in wet weather. and saves gas
Old 05-19-2006, 02:14 PM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

LIABILITY ONLY??!! that is bad man. My buddy ran into a deer and totaled out his 95 gt vert. He was too "poor" to have full. Long story short, he sold what he could for parts and now its a hunk of flatten down metal in a yard someplace. It happened 3 years ago and the tool is still paying on the loan!! NOW THAT WOULD SUCK!! I had full coverage on mine- fixed up, good as new. Insurance is expensive, but you never know when your are going to need it. These days with everybody sue happy, its a must. Hopefully the douche bag doesnt come back at you with a "soar neck and bad back"!!

Quick Reply: Am I an Idiot??