5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

What are the symptoms of a faulty TAD or TAB Solenoid?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 06:12 PM
TENGRAM
2nd Gear Member

Default What are the symptoms of a faulty TAD or TAB Solenoid?

what are the symptoms of a faulty TAD or TAB Solenoid? i get a KOER code 94. the actual tad/tab valves seem to function
properly so i'm thinking it is my TAD/TAB solenoids causing the codes. any input?
Old 05-19-2006, 06:45 PM
50Trippin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What are the symptoms of a faulty TAD or TAB Solenoid?

i kept getting code 44 which in listings it shows 44 & 94 exactly the same (secondary air injection inoperative) after tons of internet surfing trying to get a definite answer i found out that these codes are triggered when the oxygen sensors cannot detect the change in oxygen levels when the air injection kicks in. i went through testing and testing of all the smog stuff. turned out to be the O2 sensors. not clogged enough to fail completely but clogged enough to not read the change in oxygen. hope this helps.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:34 PM
TENGRAM
2nd Gear Member

thanks, thats interesting. my o2s are barely 3 months old so i'm hoping thats not it, but i will file that away in the "maybe" folder

ps-nice stang, similar color to mine
Old 05-19-2006, 07:49 PM
50Trippin
2nd Gear Member

thanks, it's the stock Reef Blue color
Old 05-19-2006, 07:57 PM
TENGRAM
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 50Trippin

thanks, it's the stock Reef Blue color
oh, it looks kinda like my bright regatta blue. its still cool though
Old 05-20-2006, 01:06 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

I had the same code (94). After testing the system thoroughly and replacing the O2 sensors to no avail, I discovered that my left thermactor port was clogged, along with the left portion of the crossover tube. I cleaned it out, with much toil, and the codes disappeared. After trying the simple stuff, try removing the crossover tube, and digging your finger into the thermactor port on the head to see if it is clogged. Mine was completely clogged shut with carbon. I managed to dig it out with assorted household items, best of which was a length of bent coathanger. Let us know what you find.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:49 PM
TENGRAM
2nd Gear Member

well, i switched o2 sensors and still got the code 94 so, it appears the o2s are not the problem.
i took the crossover pipe off and it was completely clogged on the driverside, the passenger side was 90% clogged.
i thoroughly cleaned all (most) of the carbon out of the pipe and the ports (blew through the tube to check it, its clear) then reinstalled the pipe. no difference, still get the KOER 94...[:'(] this is driverside, right? i'm starting to suspect the wiring now. anyone have any ideas what this could be?
Old 05-25-2006, 08:09 PM
TENGRAM
2nd Gear Member

Default update

ok i reset the ecm and rechecked codes, no more 94 for now but i suspect it might come back. on a side note- i unplugged my iab and noticed that my idle didn't drop much if any, so i have reset my idle much lower. after i hook it back up and drive around for a while, i will check codes again and let yall know. stay tuned...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:09 PM
TENGRAM
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: update

it looks like my 94 is gone for good, thanks for everyones help. now if i could just get rid of the koeo67 and cm29,32...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:12 PM
50Trippin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: update

cool, glad you got it figured out.

guess even if the trouble codes have the same definition, they're triggered by different problems.....

Quick Reply: What are the symptoms of a faulty TAD or TAB Solenoid?