5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

In the market for a 5.0, just a question or two...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 01:33 AM
5.0coupe
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: In the market for a 5.0, just a question or two...

your fine with like 100 k on the motor these engines are great and accept mods like a bitc*..... you should be fine with for like 3 -5 k. Juat treat it like a normal car and you wil be fine.. enjoy remember foxes are the best.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:36 AM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

got mine with 154k

gets 17mpg

never been modded
Old 05-29-2006, 01:42 AM
VigCS
5th Gear Member

as soon as I get my damn pontiac sold you all will see me on here with a stang =)

I have a hopeful car in my sights too = '94 with 105k highway miles, 5 speed. I've talked to the guy and he knows that the sale depends on when I can sell my pontiac. 94 GT
Old 05-29-2006, 01:49 AM
LOUDexhaust
3rd Gear Member

Damn dude, for that budget you'll get something real nice. Ive only got $3500 to spend.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:53 AM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

I paid $4000 for my car with 117,XXX miles and a few minor cosmetic defects, along with the SVO scoop/3" cowl hood, and adjustable shocks all the way around.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:04 PM
VigCS
5th Gear Member

Hey guys - just updating you all. I foudn this 93 GT on craigslist. I talked to the seller and he is selling it for a 4 door family sedan, so I told him about my Bonneville, he is very interested. We are meeting up saturday night to check each others cars out and possibly trade.

As far as details on the stang - 103k miles, not a spot of rust on the body. Rebuilt tranny with a shift kit (AOD, the only bad part ). He said the car was in a front end collision back in 96 and had the front bumper replaced..but if all that needed replacing was the front bumper I'd suspect there is no frame damage...plus he's been driving it for 10 years with no problems.

Wish me luck!!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:34 PM
OneFine89Mustang
4th Gear Member

good luck plus dont worry about the aod . aod built right can be very dangerous in the rqacing seen
Old 06-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Bad Karma
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VigCS

Hey guys - just updating you all. I foudn this 93 GT on craigslist. I talked to the seller and he is selling it for a 4 door family sedan, so I told him about my Bonneville, he is very interested. We are meeting up saturday night to check each others cars out and possibly trade.

As far as details on the stang - 103k miles, not a spot of rust on the body. Rebuilt tranny with a shift kit (AOD, the only bad part ). He said the car was in a front end collision back in 96 and had the front bumper replaced..but if all that needed replacing was the front bumper I'd suspect there is no frame damage...plus he's been driving it for 10 years with no problems.

Wish me luck!!

Make sure that the radiator support appear original and that there is a VIN sticker somewhere on it...that's the only way to tell it hasn't been damaged beyond major repair. If it's still original, the paint "fade" should match and there shouldn't be many crinkles or differences in it's appearance.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Ivan
Old 06-01-2006, 11:25 PM
VigCS
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bad Karma

ORIGINAL: VigCS

Wish me luck!!

Make sure that the radiator support appear original and that there is a VIN sticker somewhere on it...that's the only way to tell it hasn't been damaged beyond major repair. If it's still original, the paint "fade" should match and there shouldn't be many crinkles or differences in it's appearance.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Ivan
Would you possibly be able to give me a pic of where to look? Up underneath the car or can I see the VIN sticker from the top?

I highly doubt it did much damage if all that had to be replaced was the front bumper. He's been driving it for 10 years since then and he says the car is as solid as the day it was new. I'll be sure to get details though.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Bad Karma
3rd Gear Member

From the top as you open the hood on the left side of center....

Check your email, I sent you some deets. (Details)

Keep us posted,
Ivan

Quick Reply: In the market for a 5.0, just a question or two...