5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Cars making alot of weird noises

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default Cars making alot of weird noises

The other day i was driving and this guy almost hit me when cutting me off so i had to turn really quick and i hit a curb, it was fine the car didnt stall nothing serious happened. Now when i drive i hear my left wheel like making a noise, its not shaking and the car still keeps straight. Its not a loud noise just sounds like a nut loose or something squeaking.

Another noise is when i rest my foot on the clutch it will make the same sounding noise. Earlier my pulley belt popped off and we put it back on and since then its been making weird noises.

And ANOTHER noise sounds like a loose shield(not a big problem) but its in the front near the right i think. What kind of shield could it be? It just bothers me when im sitting at a light and you hear a damn shield or whatever it is shaking.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:15 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Cars making alot of weird noises

exhaust shield.

as for the wheel, wheelbearing. tie rod? start pullin on stuff until you find something loose. and stop runnin curbs over!
Old 06-01-2006, 02:17 AM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

Throw out bearing. Its right next to the clutch.

ORIGINAL: Black95MustangGT

Another noise is when i rest my foot on the clutch it will make the same sounding noise. Earlier my pulley belt popped off and we put it back on and since then its been making weird noises.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

lol well it was my tire, or my shell. i chose the tire lol. and the exhaust shield, i ripped the 2 off the cats because one was hanging down. and when i ripped it off saw the other one ripped off so its not the shields on the cats. Any shields in the front?

THROWOUT BEARING? damn, i just got a brand new clutch kit that came with a throwout bearing.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:22 AM
g2_5point0
2nd Gear Member

i think its a bad habit to sit your foot o nthe clutch all the time. i hear that even though you arent pressing it all the way, it's still doing something to wear it out. shrug
Old 06-01-2006, 02:24 AM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Yeah it is bad, i dont do it at all but today i accidentally did and i figured out it only does it when my foots on it. But these noises really need to be fixed, a clean 5.0 that looks perfect, but making crazy noises [:@]
Old 06-01-2006, 02:24 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

its partially engaging it. enough to wear it out. think about resting your foot on it for ..3 hours of driving. thats over 100 miles of having it partially engaged.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:28 AM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

yeah but i dont do that so no worries : )

also with the pulley, the tension pulley wouldnt go all the way and we got the belt on anway but we had to add somewhat of alot of pressure. I know its not good to do that but the tension pulley wouldnt move anymore. Could that noise come because we forced it on the pulleys? Or do i just need some belt spray
Old 06-01-2006, 02:31 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

im going to **** slap you if you use belt spray. that stuff causes more squeaks than anything.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:33 AM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

**** slap. damn man that was dirty lol, yeah i dont even have any so no **** slapping involved. What in gods name is it then

Quick Reply: Cars making alot of weird noises