5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Whoa!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Bad Karma
3rd Gear Member

Default Whoa!!

So a great guy here on the Board (Eric Taylor) turned me on to a CARFAX for my (what I thought was) '90 lX 5.0 Notch.

Thanks Eric BTW!!!

What I find out is that the car is actually a '91, not a 90 and that it has a "Junk" title from Texas. Aside from the Airbag missing, which I just found out this morning, the car is straight. I even checked it with a magnet before I bought it and found nothing. The guy who sold it to me was like, "the only thing that I know wrong with it was that the Driver side fender had been replaced from a fender bender." It appears to be a blue fender underneath painted red to match the rest of the car. So this morning after finding the Airbag MIA, I crawl under the car, I cannot tell anything out of norm until I get to the driver side rear wheel well. There is like a 1/2" gap missing!!! I open the trunk, remove the carpet, and I can see right through to the tire!!! The entire rear QTR panel appears to have been replaced. I scratched the panel (on purpose of course) to see what color the panel used to be...guess?? Blue, just like the front fender. Aside from the panel, it looks like everything else is in order (third member, suspension, etc...) What else should I be looking for??

What is interesting is that I have a clear title out of NM. ...?...

I have yet to register it, so I don't know what to expect.

I'm not a big fan of CarFax, but maybe this time they were right on.

I guess that my car isn't as awesome as I thought it was.
[][:'(][:@]
-Ivan
Old 06-10-2006, 05:52 PM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whoa!!

i want my car carfaxed!!!

open your drivers door up, and look where the top hinge is. see if theres a weld there or if a cotter pin is there. if theres a cotter pin, the door has been replaced
Old 06-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Bad Karma
3rd Gear Member

Tell me how to post up a pic and I'll show y'all...

I checked that (heard you talk about it in another thread) and I couldn't tell.

-Ivan

Old 06-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Remove the door sill and pull your carpet up a little bit and see what color it is. Many people dont take the time to paint all that. If its read then your car has either been hit or was rusted out.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:56 PM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

put the pic on putfile. (its free) and then from the putfile homepage you'll have 3 lines that say copy at the end. click copy on the one that says BB. then when you go to post something here, click image and it'll do the [IMG][IMG] deal, past the line you copied from putfile between the two image bars.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Bad Karma
3rd Gear Member

The lady and me are taking off to a BBQ, I"ll post it up tonight and hopefully I can get your input on it..

Thanks,
Ivan
Old 06-10-2006, 08:02 PM
TENGRAM
2nd Gear Member

does your clean title have the same vin on it? if not, could be real trouble. also, i would check the frame for cracks, welds, and other damage. check the front and rear subframes.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Bad Karma
3rd Gear Member

Everything is kosher on the title...

I did find some rather shady lookin welds...They look like something my 14 year old son would do.

Ok, tell me one more time how to post up pics. I go to Putfile.com, upload there, then what?

Thanks,
Ivan
Old 06-12-2006, 06:36 PM
tokinGLX
duke of herb

go to your putfile homepage, and click on the photo you want to display. then right click on that photo, and select view image. then copy that web address. now go to the mf reply and paste that web address. now highlight that entire address and click on the image button that is right above the area you are typing in.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Bad Karma
3rd Gear Member

"mf reply"..??..

Quick Reply: Whoa!!