5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Wiring speakers - Now with pics!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 02:04 AM
All4n
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Wiring speakers

ORIGINAL: 88 rubber eater

Im guessing that the guy you bought the car from had an aftermarket deck in that he took out and pt in the stock one when he sold the car, right?
Nope he bought the car as it is right now, he never even got the car insured or registered so it was never driven. He only fixed up the body and resold it.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:42 AM
88 rubber eater
2nd Gear Member

Do you think you could follow my directions somewhat and figure out which wire go to which speakers?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:31 PM
All4n
2nd Gear Member

Right now all I care about is getting to wherever it is to hook the speakers up to the radio.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:36 PM
All4n
2nd Gear Member

Okay I think I am looking for an amplifier to hook the speaker wire up to. How do I get to that?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:10 PM
All4n
2nd Gear Member

okay here is where I am at. I pulled the radio deck. unscrewed the amplifier (I think thats what it is, see pics but still I have nowhere to connect the speaker wires to! AHHH!!!!!!

Here is the speaker wire dangling about:

Old 06-22-2006, 03:08 PM
All4n
2nd Gear Member

bumping this... I really need help.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Hawk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Wiring speakers - Now with pics!

This is what I would recommend. Rerun yourself a couple of wires directly from the speakers to the location of the radio. While you have the thresholds, panels, and carpet up, trace the monster wires that are cut in the pic and most likely remove them. Then with a pair of wires running to each speaker location, wire in an after market stereo. If you have any experience doing this and the right tools, it is very easy.

In terms of the stock wire harness, the only real thing you can do is trace wires and see where they take you to find out if they are still hooked up and doing anything. The other thing to do is pull the speakers and see what wires are going to them. If the speaker still have a factory clip and the factory wires, then they are probably still hooked up. (unless the former owner spliced into them and cut the wires).

My advice to you is, rerun new wires. It is the only way you will have piece of mind that it was done correctly. You only need to get a hold of some speaker wire and it is really not that hard. Hope that helps.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:23 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

wheres the deck? whyd u unhook the deck if ur just changing speakers?

i dont get it...

how hard is it to unscrew the grilles and pull the speakers out? lolol
Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

ya whats wrong with just pullin the grills off of where the speakers are and attaching the new speakers to the stock wiring? i mean i couldnt do that on mine cuz some one before me rigged the **** out it and i had to replace all the wires and i connected them directl;y to my aftermarket cd player. and someone had ripped out that amplifier thing too when i had go mine.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

those speakers wont hook up to a stock deck. you need a wiring harness for the deck, and a harness for the speakers. i see your factory harness hookups hanging there, the black one goes to the speakers. you have to buy a harness for your car that plugs to that harness and has wires hanging out to wire to the speakers. go to radioshack. the other gray harness there is to hook the aftermarket deck up. buy the harness for it too and itll have wires coming out for your deck to hook up.

Quick Reply: Wiring speakers - Now with pics!