5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

This sucks ass..

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 02:50 PM
rachel T

Default RE: This sucks ***..

I should be asking all you that question. They don't call me "spitfire" for nothing. he he
I guess you can say that now that you figured out what gender I am. lol
Old 07-07-2006, 03:02 PM
PX429
5th Gear Member

your not going to let that go are you[&o]
Old 07-07-2006, 03:06 PM
rachel T

AWE!!! No tears plz. It is all good. I forgave you the minute I read it. I just had to rub it in one more time. Like I said I have ***** evy. There are times I wish I could just hang it out the window. Good times!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 03:08 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Losing your license SUX! I had lost my license for FOUR YEARS! It was the accumulation of tickets (speeding mostly). At the time I was working as a mechanic so I NEEDED to drive. The state didnt care and said get another job, I said *** you and kept driving anyway. Well, because my car looks like a dope dealers car Id get pulled over anyway, And the first question theyd ALWAYS ask - Wheres the bud at?. Im white BTW. My standard reply was - I dont know what youre talking about officer, I dont do that stuff . Well needless to say I got pretty paranoid whenever I saw a cop. Anyway, long story short, I had gotten 9 driving on a suspended license tickets (lots of handcuffs and impound fees), mandatory 6month suspension in addition to the time you already have, per violation. Well after about 4 years of relying on friends and the bus, I hired a lawyer, we went to court, judge said I could have a restricted, and that I was ina probationary period for 1 year, no tickets I get my license fully reinstated. Man did it suck not being able to drive at all [:@] .
I got it back, I made sure NOT to drive the stang during that year, I cant help but get on er. Another lesson I learned, the more stock that your car appears the less theyll mess with you. One cop that pulled me over said, cars this flashy belong in car shows not on the street.
Heres the moral of my story - DONT *** AROUND IN TOWN, if they see you, they WILL find a reason to pull you over. The highway is a different story, mess around all you like, as long as the traffic isnt too heavy.
But at any rate, dont drive your car, since I got my license back they changed the laws pertaining to driving ona suspended license, the penalties are WAY more hardcore now. When I got mine it was a standard $200 fine and 6 month license suspension, now its like $1000 and they can take your car. Not worth it IMO.
-P.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:18 PM
rachel T

I forget you all don't live in the small areas, like I do. The odds of getting caught here are 1 and a million. Your more apt to hit the same deer twice. There is an upside to your story though. Look at the milage you saved. I am always looking for a bright side. Your right though about that "if it looks like show they'll let you go." I also find your have a better chance of getting let go with a trooper vs. a sheriff or wannab town cop.
Glad your back on the streets. Keep it at an idle.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:26 PM
white93 GT
2nd Gear Member

i got pulled over last weekend and the cop said he saw me racing the weekend before that. and he said i raced a red cobalt. (which i have never raced a cobalt) he said if i didnt admit to it he would write me every ticket he could and have my car towed. i was totally innocent and he was a total ***** to me simply because im 17 and i have the cleanest, fastest fox in my town. f**k the POLICE they are a bunch of bi*ch* on a power trip.

the funny thing about it was that i was doing 5 under the speed limit when he pulled me over