5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

My intake install tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:49 PM
mustang93
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My intake install tonight...

+1 on the o-rings!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:45 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I tried to find o-rings but our warehouse do esn't stock them and neither do we. It's alright though, I had the injector's out last night and the o-rings are perfect, I'll just use some silicone lube on them or motor oil when I put them in. Oh and Black Snake! ****ing UPS ripped the box and the intakes are all fine but I've got only one of the long bolts that go into the upper manifold and 3 studs that go into who knows where (I'm guessing that they mount the fuel rails to the lower manifold???), but anyways, the UPS guy (he owns two mustangs him self!!!) said that if I'm missing anything contact the seller and if he put them in there and they fell out, then they would re-imburse me on the bolts. So lemme know if you forgot to put them in there or if they fell out of the hole that was in the box. Anyways, I got the lower out and man is there a bunch of sludge in my lifter valley!!! I got most of that **** cleaned out, got my ports cleaned out and cleaned up all of the old gasket that was stuck on the heads and pulled out the rubber gaskets that go on the front and back of the manifold and now I'm soaking the broken bolt (that's stuck in the block) in WD-40 and letting it sit over night and then I'll get the easy-out and hopefully get that mother****er out of there and then proceed to bolt it back up and get this maze of brackets and vacuum lines put back together. By Sunday I should have everything done (sunday is one of my days off).
Old 07-01-2006, 03:20 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

No they are all in there, I made sure of it. Damn I knew I should of put them in a baggy. I taped the **** out of that box to make sure it wouldnt rip.

Damn I hate how UPS doesnt treat heavy iteams wih care. Your going to need that long bolt, Its going to have to be a allen head so it looks good.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:53 AM
88ragtop
3rd Gear Member

Odd enough 92hach Im doing the same project as u tonight, Ive pulled off my stock intake and Im replacing with a Holly Systemax ll intake. It was the first time for me to have to disconnect the fuel lines or I should say the Fuel rails, and I wasnt quite sure how they came apart. But I finally figured out I could buy the disconect tool at Auto Zone for 9 bucks. Wasnt to hard to take apart after that. And dont feel to bad, when I pulled off my stock lower intake I too had a bunch of sluge in my lifter valley. I think cleaning out all that crap is the worst of it. Good luck with your Intake swap and Im sure it will be worth it.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:31 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

It's okay black snake, I'm just going to use the stock bolt for now and it'll have to look ugly for a couple of days. I can't wait to get this done, I'm finally half way there lol. Does anyone have a blow up picture of how it goes back together.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Hows it going?? Almost done?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:25 AM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I am VERY close to being done, read my post about the FPR not clearing my EGR now. I guess I'll just swap it back and hope that nothing else goes wrong, I'm going to have to use a different stud and a stock long bolt to make it work for the car show, I'm just hoping to god that I don't find out that I've got a horrible vacuum leak or something. Something ALWAYS goes wrong when I do larger mods lol. Wish me luck guys!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX

I am VERY close to being done, read my post about the FPR not clearing my EGR now. I guess I'll just swap it back and hope that nothing else goes wrong, I'm going to have to use a different stud and a stock long bolt to make it work for the car show, I'm just hoping to god that I don't find out that I've got a horrible vacuum leak or something. Something ALWAYS goes wrong when I do larger mods lol. Wish me luck guys!!!
lol that sucks

and you wondered why mine took 6 hours [8D]
Old 07-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Done????!?!?
Old 07-08-2006, 12:51 AM
fox3
1st Gear Member

hey fellas sorry to jump in this late, but i'm doing the reverse. I bought a '91 coupe with the track heat intake and it has a nasty oil leak on the rear of the intake. i'd like to replace the gaskets, but I can't remove the six bolts from the upper intake. the bolt heads appear to be a pattern I don't have...its not standard, metric, or reverse torx...any thoughts? did your kits come with a special socket?

Quick Reply: My intake install tonight...