5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

After 7 weeks of waiting...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 05:14 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default RE: After 7 weeks of waiting...

I'm definitely going to call them tomorrow. Actually Lucky13 the reason i noticed the two different colors is b/c i took them out to take some pics b/c i was excited, but I got so pissed off and wound up i said F the pics... so no I didnt take any. One head looks the regular aluminum color but has half the A missing in "AFR" embossed logo, and the other one looks like it was painted gray. God this is so typical when it comes to me and modding my car, something always goes wrong. *sigh*
Old 07-20-2006, 11:24 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I just wanted to say AFR does stand by their customer service claim, they were very helpful when I called today. After sending the pics of the heads to the manager he agreed with me that they should be exchanged and were unacceptable.

Although I got a bad batch of heads, they are paying for shipping the heads back and are going to replace the heads no questions asked. Even though now i have to wait another few weeks I'd rather be happy with my purchase even if it does take a little more time...
Old 07-20-2006, 11:29 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

I just wanted to say AFR does stand by their customer service claim, they were very helpful when I called today. After sending the pics of the heads to the manager he agreed with me that they should be exchanged and were unacceptable.

Although I got a bad batch of heads, they are paying for shipping the heads back and are going to replace the heads no questions asked. Even though now i have to wait another few weeks I'd rather be happy with my purchase even if it does take a little more time...
at least they stand behind their products. thats commendable of them for such a big company imo.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:45 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

yea that is pretty cool
ORIGINAL: Grn N Gry 5OH

at least they stand behind their products. thats commendable of them for such a big company imo.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:47 PM
PX429
5th Gear Member

it took AFR 7 weeks to send them to you?
Old 07-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Goosepoop302
4th Gear Member

hmm yeah thats definatly fgood that there replacing them no quesion. wonder why it takes them so long ot ship though? also i wonder why they were in ****ty condition in the first place
Old 07-21-2006, 02:35 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PX429

it took AFR 7 weeks to send them to you?
Yeah, they're built to order, plus I got the spring upgrade so it took a little longer. I honestly dont know why i took THAT long but whatever, that was the wait. As far as the condition i was pretty upset, I felt it was pretty inexcusable. Here's the difference in color between the two heads they sent me. Unacceptable IMO.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25112/B763738FA1954EC08426D18BC8878925.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-21-2006, 02:38 AM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

haha..you made it seem like it was really bad

still pretty bad and i woulda done the same as you

but you coulda sent em to me [8D]
Old 07-21-2006, 02:39 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Eh, I paid a good chunk of change for them, i expected the quality to match the price. The color difference was only one of the few problems with them. No thanks, i want to be proud of these parts!
Old 07-21-2006, 02:40 AM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

Eh, I paid a good chunk of change for them, i expected the quality to match the price. The color difference was only one of the few problems with them. No thanks, i want to be proud of these parts!
ya i would have done the same thing. especially cuz they are ill expensive.

Quick Reply: After 7 weeks of waiting...