5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

GOOD GOD 538.00 for a couple doughnuts????

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:07 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GOOD GOD 538.00 for a couple doughnuts????

yea thats why i am glad i told that undercover cop the truth cause i woulda gotten a wreckles for SURE if iwoulda denied it especially since he saw me do it. I am just trying to figure out if i wanna chance it all on going to court and hoping the cop doesnt show up or just go for the sure price reduction...i think i am gonna look up the law and see what EXACTLY it says. also does anyone know if i go to court to fight it if the cop can switch it back to a wreckless or is that not possible?
Old 07-20-2006, 09:25 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

my dad is a cop and he said there is a way to tell the courts u cant make it and they will set ur court date back..... u can do this as much as u want according to him and usually the cop will just forget and not show up..... then u get off real easy..... dont know exact details cause my dad just left so i cant ask him anything else
Old 07-20-2006, 09:44 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 91lxstang

my dad is a cop and he said there is a way to tell the courts u cant make it and they will set ur court date back..... u can do this as much as u want according to him and usually the cop will just forget and not show up..... then u get off real easy..... dont know exact details cause my dad just left so i cant ask him anything else
Well im raising the BS flag here.... yeah you can call the clerk of court an have your date extended... for a good reason... supposing you are successful in doin this several times, youre only goin to **** the cop off if he is part of any decent pd... cuz he will be notified of court each time then learn of the cancellation.. especially if he's workin the night shift... then, playing these games might just **** the judge off as well... the bottom line is that your not fostering love an sympathy on your part with the cop or the court....

take the advice i gave you above... youre guilty an you know it... pay the costs an take a class... keep the violation off your record... my .02
Old 07-20-2006, 09:47 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

i think u shouldnt argue with sumone who knows...... my dads freind just got a ticket for doin 90 on an off ramp in his viper and it worked for him......... are u callin bs that u dont think my dads a cop or to whether or not that will work? it did where i live i just dont know the EXACT things u have to do i just vaguely know...... i dont care if u belive me but to me u look like a retard cause i know what happened but ok
Old 07-20-2006, 09:51 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

and they are not notified of court where i live.... they have to go look for themselves or ask their captain....... and cops dont even want to go to court..... i dont know how many times ive been sitti at the police station and my dads partners were tryin to get out of court..... my dads been a cop for 20 years and ive been around it my whole life so i wouldnt argue with me about how cops are and what they do
Old 07-20-2006, 09:58 PM
hellas85stang
4th Gear Member

lol good 4 cop..lol sounds like ya need a swift kick for doin donuts b4 u get ya stuff..lol allways wait till u get all u need b4 u decide ur mario andretti...
Old 07-20-2006, 10:08 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

haha im no mario andretti thats 4 sure. hey 91lxstang lemme know what your dad syays. i know cops dont like showing up if possible cause i have 4 bros and they have been to court quite a few times and i would say half the time the cops havent shown up. thats why i was thinking of trying it. and here the ticket says you can have 1 extension with good reason, not sure if theres a way around that. But the other thing too is that the undercover cop pulled me over and was gonna give me a criminal wreckless but since i fessed up he said it would be a neg 2nd deg but he had to call a traffic cop to come give me the ticket since it wasnt criminal. he got the ticket from the traffic dude and gave it to me so i never even talked to the traffic cop... so who would show up for court? the undercover ( detective i think) or the traffic cop?
Old 07-20-2006, 10:19 PM
taurus gt man
1st Gear Member

Probably the traffic cop as the undercover isnt in jurisdiction for that kind of thing. It must have been setup though as others have probably done that. IT could be intrapment lol. Chris
Old 07-20-2006, 10:25 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

ya i know alot of other people do doughnuts there cause its behind a building and all open and 1 of the only ones that doesnt have cars in it usually. im pretty sure they were looking to bust someone for it there since there was and undercover detective posted there. Man if i woulda only know it was such a Fuggin hot spot! so if the traffic cop showed up how would that work since he didnt see me do anything and never even actually spoke to me or even saw my face for that matter... it was just SUPER weird seemed like i was on csi or somethin! lol
Old 07-20-2006, 10:26 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

the undercover even had a hawaiian button up shirt with the top 2-3 buttons undone and a chain on...lol

Quick Reply: GOOD GOD 538.00 for a couple doughnuts????