5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

89 GT VS 87 LX

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 06:12 AM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 89 GT VS 87 LX

im buyin 4.10's next week if nothin is wrong with my tranny lol.... im gonna get a edge racing 3000 stall within a few months
ORIGINAL: lookinforastang

LOL nothing like going for a race and having the AOD bog on u

mine used to do it pretty bad but kinda fixed itself

even if im going like 50 in 3rd it will drop into 2nd but i know what u mean with the delayed/non down shifting

its kind of embarrassing specially in a race.. its like missing a shift haha

u got the 3000 stall yet? ur car is gunna zoooooooom off the line with it plus now u got the kit so u can bang her through the gears yourself
Old 07-24-2006, 01:29 PM
88 rubber eater
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 89 GT VS 87 LX

Hah, I've got a funny off topicish story. The other day my friend and I were cruising in his 96 chevy lumina (beater car while his stang is getting gears put in) and I pulled up next to a gt at a redlight. I was driving so I revved the engine for kicks and amazingly, the guy actually heard it . He looked over with a smirk on his face and my friends says "you wanna go?" the guy just laughed and we talked for a second about our stangs then the light turned green. I started off kind of quick and I was actually beating him, but it took a second for me to realize he was freakin roasting his tires. They were still spinning as he passed me then bit as he ripped of onto an onramp. I love the look and sound of that roaring 5.0