5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

anyone have pics of installed sub frame connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:27 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default RE: anyone have pics of installed sub frame connectors?

yeah but as the car drives it will change depending on the ground, what if its welded on uneven ground?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:32 PM
I3atR!ce
3rd Gear Member

the point is, when you install subframe connectors you are trying to keep your car from flexing and twisting. now to have a good starting point you need the car to be level and on its own suspension, if you dont your going to start out with flex and twist already in the body and the connectors will just hold the twist in place.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:41 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

^+1 heard the same thing.... you need a drive on lift that is level ... i think you need certain subframes for verts.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:56 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

alright thanks for the info guys, I'll have my tech weld them with the car sittin on the suspension...
Old 07-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Jared_blown5.0
3rd Gear Member

**** i have a convertible and bought the cheap ebay ones lol
Old 07-25-2006, 08:21 PM
sc94gt
3rd Gear Member

Here's my BBK's for my sn95.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7754/F2285262D19845219701B9A2DC1F2325.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Can anyone give me a price quote on what it would cost a Muffler shop (or any shop) to install a set of full lengths? Im wanting to get some but I dont have a wire welder.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:42 AM
Hung Like a Stang
4th Gear Member

can someone explain the point of subframes?

...sorry
Old 07-26-2006, 01:52 AM
I3atR!ce
3rd Gear Member

New!! The XL Series Full-length Subframe Connectors are now available exclusively from MM. We have improved on the original MM Full-length Subframe Connector design with these extra-long, extra-strong subframe connectors.

Maximum Motorsports was the originator of full-length subframe connectors. We have now improved on our original design by increasing the length and height of the connector tube. The resulting XL Series connector is much stiffer than any other subframe connector.

The MM XL Series Full-length Subframe Connectors stiffen your chassis far more than our standard connectors. The taller tubing of the new XL Series creates a connector that is 95% stiffer than the standard subframe connector. The XL connector tubing is 53% stiffer than our previous Full-length subframe connectors. Beware of connectors from companies who lack the engineering expertise to design their own products. Some have copied our previous design. The new XL Series connectors are 53% stiffer than those copies.

The new XL Series Full-length Subframe Connectors extend from the rear lower control arm attachment point on the rear subframe all the way up to the firewall. This provides substantially more weld area between the connector and the chassis. At 65", the extra length, increased number of attachment points, and extra height in the tubing make this the stiffest subframe connector available.

The XL Series Full-length Subframe Connectors are made of 1.5" x 2" x .083" wall thickness rectangular tubing. The thinner wall tubing is used to lessen the weight, while the taller dimension increases stiffness by 95% over our standard connectors. We add reinforcing plates at each bend to prevent the flexing which would otherwise occur with the thinner wall tubing.

1996-98 Cobras will require modifications to the transmission crossmember mounting flanges. See supplemental information about this in the consumer instructions that can be viewed here.

NOTE: Full Length Subframe Connectors always ship separately. Shipping cost for full length subframe connectors provided by on-line ordering may be inaccurate to some shipping destinations due to irregular size. You will be contacted with accurate shipping cost after your order is placed.

this is from Maximum Motorsports.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:58 PM
sawbones25

He did mine on a twin post lift, but he used pole jacks under the rear frame to get rid of the flex. It was straight when welded. If anything, it straightened the whole car out. My doors opened easier and I noticed the difference when I pulled out of the parking lot. Car was much tighter...

Quick Reply: anyone have pics of installed sub frame connectors?