5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

F*ckety shi*t F*ck!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 12:28 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: F*ckety shi*t F*ck!!!!

Pussies!!! Haha, I'm a wide **** and I was able to get up under there and replace the cable on my wifes car W/O taking the seat out!!! It was tight though but I did it!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Pussies!!! Haha, I'm a wide **** and I was able to get up under there and replace the cable on my wifes car W/O taking the seat out!!! It was tight though but I did it!
Well I'm a long legged sucker, and it was not fun for me. But hey, if you enjoy that position...
Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Hahaha, not really, I just wasn't takin' the seat out unless I absolutely had too.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:03 AM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mcfomco

https://mustangforums.com/m_1331822/tm.htm This is a good place to look for instructions. I jusy picked up and installed a zoom adjustable cable and quadrant today and installed it in about 1 1/2 hrs. I also had a lift to do it on so it may take you longer. And it is very easy to do. Just take your time and its rather simple task.
I'm glad someone actually used my walkthrough!! [shameless plug]

I took my front seat out also, and it's still a PITA.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Hahaha, not really, I just wasn't takin' the seat out unless I absolutely had too.
I hear ya brother. I'm even lazier than that.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:46 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

Like i said...i had to take my dash out to re-wire everything and i went ahead and replaced the quadrant, cable, and firewall adjuster while i was in there. Made it simple almost. But i got really big hands and it was a little hard for me to get into there with them .
Old 08-02-2006, 03:32 AM
Hung Like a Stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twisted

ORIGINAL: Scout2232

Its the clutch quadrant that broke, mine did the exact same thing with the ratcheting sound and everything. Get a new quadrant and you'll be good to go. Might as well get a new cable too while your at it. It will take a lot of patience to change, BBK suggests taking out the front seat so you can lay on your back with your head in the pedals basically, to change it.
You should get a Steeda aluminum quadrant.

Just kidding.

That makes sense. I nearly broke my neck just trying to look at my quadrant. I tried to just put my head where my feet should normally be, and my feet where my head should be on the seat. I must have looked retarded. Then my neck started to hurt. Then I almost got stuck. Taking the seat out is a good idea.

ha ha ha. good one!

is anyone still up?! I can't figure out how in the **** to get the stock top quadrant peice off. This is a BIT*CH. I might just make a new thread if no one reads this soon.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Hung Like a Stang
4th Gear Member

Well, I finally figured it out. I finished about 10 minutes ago, yeah, at like 3:30 in the freakin morning, what of it?!!

after doing some minor modifications to the quadrant (filing it a tad here and there)I got pedal. I like to think I'm mechanically inclined. but whoever said that was easy is lying or lucky. Although, I guess the fact I was working when I was dead tired and at night probaly made things a little harder. But all is said and done. thanks for all the help everyone its always appreciated!