5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Just got rear ended!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 01:33 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got rear ended!

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

Here they say not to call the cops unless its a major accident. You guys both exchanged information, I dont think it would be a problem having it fixed. If my car got rear ended i personally would want it fixed to exactly how it was before the accident. even if they're nice about it that doesnt mean i should have a scuff on my bumper because someone else messed up. I pay insurance to keep my car in good condition incase of an accident and other people do the same.

+1
Old 08-05-2006, 02:10 AM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

in MA if someone rearends you.. they are basicaly well how do i say this.. FUC*KED!!!

there points go up and no matter what happend.. they are at 100% fault and MUST pay for all damages even if they are under $500.

obviously she wasnt paying attention to the road, which most people (woman) who drive minivans arent.

glad your sons ok but still i would take action man. sure there may not APPEAR to be damage but honestly who knows what happend underneath? Get it looked at, estimated and bring the paperwork to your agent.

there should be no questions asked
Old 08-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the replies everyone--and very well put, I might add. I'm gonna call her tomorrow and tell that I would like to get an estimate, and ask how she'd rather handle the situation. I agree, I think she's probably scared of a lawsuit (particularly because of the baby in the car), and will cooperate fully. I'm just glad that I had already sold the motorcycle engine I had in the hatch this morning. It would have sucked to lose a freshly built oilcooled Gixxer motor. At any rate, thanks again for all the insight.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lookinforastang

in MA if someone rearends you.. they are basicaly well how do i say this.. FUC*KED!!!

there points go up and no matter what happend.. they are at 100% fault and MUST pay for all damages even if they are under $500.

obviously she wasnt paying attention to the road, which most people (woman) who drive minivans arent.

glad your sons ok but still i would take action man. sure there may not APPEAR to be damage but honestly who knows what happend underneath? Get it looked at, estimated and bring the paperwork to your agent.

there should be no questions asked
Thanks, Lookin. Now when you say, "bring the paperwork to my agent," do you mean my insurance agent? Do I have to get them involved? I'm willing to bet that the lady will prefer to settle up without getting her insurance involved. I guess we'll see. Thanks again.

By the way, I just took the GT for a little blast...you know...just to make sure everything feels right. Still fast sh*t for no good reason! I'll check the hatch fitment in the morning.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:21 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

you were lucky, my brother got rearended about 2 months ago in his 89, same conditions as you, except there was someone in front of him, and the person was a 16 year old girl who had just gotten out of school and was talking on ther phone. well, his frame is bent, his tranny is smashed, he got pushed into the guy in front of him, and he has whiplash, his neck STILL hurts.

Actually, shes lucky, because they had a red light, and her airbags were deployed, guess what that means, 35 miles an hour.

But the worst part is, this was after we rebuilt his engine (in which we found out its stroked to a 343) and spent like 2500 bucks on parts. well, the repair place told us, quote on quote "this cars not worth enough to fix" and my dad says, "Well, how much do you think its worth", and they say 1100 bucks, so we got all pissed off, and FINIALLY, theyre fixing the car, but ATM theyre waiting for parts.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:37 AM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

well if u wish to settle outside of ur insurance is ur call.

personaly i would go through an agent because well. thats why u pay for it every month.

and plus if there is any complication, your insurance company will have your back.

paperwork could be estimate, accident report, etc.. any accident is pretty serious business. its good to take pictures, get witnesses information. anything is better than nothing.

anyway goodluck
Old 08-05-2006, 02:59 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the replies, Fuzzy and Lookin. That sucks what happened to your brother, Fuzzy. I hope everything works out getting the car fixed and with his neck. I guess maybe I will call my insurance co. I may just call her first and see what she wants to do. Haven't decided yet. Thanks again for the info, fellas.