5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Update on my crash hit & run chase w/B#*ch

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 05:03 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Update on my crash hit & run chase w/B#*ch

^^^^^ Hell Yea! ( I am from NJ also BTW ) If she was here she would loose her liscense.. GAURANTEED!

Screw that... I would argue that one. If she hit you and ran away and you had to drive after her thats a freakin hit and run. The definition says it all! Thats total BS!

Don't tell them about the hood, get a new one for free!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:12 PM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

Definitely don't tell them about the hood. There was alot of stuff on my car that was already there before my accident but I got the insurance company to pay for fixing it.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:47 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Im pretty sure that if you take a close listen, it sounds like something is grinding a bit in the rear axle.... perhaps that shot put some stress on the bearings of your carrier... and thats probably the ring and pinion grinding.... oh did i mention that the shop that opened up your differential noticed metal fragments from the ring and pinion... they damaged the spider gears in the carrier..... looks like you need some 31 spline axles, a new T-loc and some fresh gears along with a rear end bearing kit

RIGHT!?!?!?!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:03 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

i would disagree on the dealership[:'(] they usually do quick in and out warranty work, and will try and move ur car as quick as possible! i would find an independent shop thats reputable ansd check them out etc.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:56 AM
mustangmike50
1st Gear Member

I did hear though from a guy with a notchback, that he loved their work, it has never dulled- he was impressed. They guarantee it forever (as long as you own the car). I asked how much for a complete paint job, they said around $3000 without even looking at the car. I guess we'll see, they have the job now.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
mustangmike50
1st Gear Member

Well I got the call today. the car is ready. I am not happy. They say there is nothing wrong with the car mechanical wise. However it shakes and is pissing brake fluid everywhere. They said the back brakes are leaking because they are old , and it is not accident related. But they are not just leaking, they pissed all the fluid out after the hit. They are leaking from inside the drum. I am no mechanic, but I have never heard of old brakes suddenly draining the resevoir...Does this seam normal to anyone?I am debating selling it now, i do not want headaches down the road, and I truly would rather a vert. we"ll see...
Old 08-15-2006, 02:18 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

sounds like the wheel cylinders in the drums are leaking mine did that after i did my rear shoes and did they check the upper and lower control arms? they coule have deff. been bent with an impact like that. bring it back and tell them there is still something wrong from that accident
Old 08-15-2006, 02:18 PM
titanium92
2nd Gear Member

Where are you from? More than likely they will write off your car anyways....you problaby have atleast 2000 or more worth of damage, and the book value on these cars are not very much.

You will atleast gets some money for it for another one when they do write it off.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:13 PM
capnacee
2nd Gear Member

If it were me I wouldn't settle for nothing less than the BEST! SHe was Clearly in the wrong, and the bottom line is you were happy with the car when you bought it and now your not.[:@] everything worked before you got hit and now it doesnt. THATS a PROOOBLEM!! I know I wouldn't that sh*t! Not from the insurance company or the Dealership. I but dont know about you but my LIL RED LEGGED PONY is my BABY... I had a little incident here recently and almost Fu**in cried. two words DONT SETTLE!.....

Good luck dude... cause it sure is a pretty little HO
Old 08-15-2006, 03:25 PM
86HOGT
5th Gear Member

If it's leaking on the hit side, I'd bitch? I also would have made it a point to the guy writing the estimate that it started leaking after the hit.

Quick Reply: Update on my crash hit & run chase w/B#*ch