5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Update on my crash hit & run chase w/B#*ch

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:47 PM
mustangmike50
1st Gear Member

Default Update on my crash hit & run chase w/B#*ch

Here is an update, for those who did not see the original post, here is a refresher, along with what is new...
This morning on my way home from working the night shift, A crazy b*#ch pulled a illegal u turn on the highway and resulted in me swerving into on coming traffic. I was not able to avoid the wrath of her evil Plymouth Sundance, which hit my back passenger mag head on , and then she scraped up all from the wheel back- leaving a nice dent, scrapes etc...I come to a stop on the shoulder, along with some witnesses thinking we will exchange info...No , the crazy girl starts burning down to a different highway, and starts leaving the city. My Gt took a hit, but was still ready to perform in catching up.
I managed to get to her about 4 miles later, the entire time I am giving all the info to 911. I get beside her and she sees my uniform and stops. (I am a correctional Officer, she thought I was a cop though...)
She broke a light , and is loosing her bumper- but says she had no idea anything happened...17 year old girl, new driver. The body on the car is not too bad, the mag took the impact. But now the car is driving all over the road. Besides the mag, what should I mention during repair estimates as possible other damage to my drive train? I do not want them just to calculate the visible stuff. I have never made a claim, are companies usually generous in this kind of thing? Will I get a new paint job? The girl is freaking, cause the cops told her I could press charges, she says her daddy will pay out if it is not too much. Now I guess it is time to get some estimates.

Thanks guys for all the input, here is the update so far. I called the Insurance, faxed them a joint report. I am getting a car rental- tryed for a 06 GT, but still no news there. I decided not to go with the insurance companys recommended body shop. The more i look at this, the more I see that my damages are hidden (mechanical mostly, a bit of body). Due to that, I figured I would take it somewhere that does both body and mechanics. I recently heard the local Ford dealer did great paint jobs, and since they do mechanics, and know the car better than anyone- I will be sending it there. I would love to sue her, but here in canada, someone basically has to die before you will win a cent from anyone. I noticed this morning that the car is pissing brake fluid from the opposite side I was hit on. However, when I was hit in the back weel, the entire back end swung out, which I guess might have done something. The insurance has been very helpful up to date, but I am still worried that they will not evaluate it properly. The last thing I want is a car that shakes when you drive. It is my daily driver, and often I have the family with me so safety is essential. If it is not fixed properly she will go up for sale in the near future. The back end surely is out of whack. I tryed to do a Police report, but they were too busy, and told me to come back Monday to do the report. I will keep you all posted. Was the Ford dealer agood choice for my repairs? I usually do my own mechanics, so I do not have a specific garage I deal with...(new info- It was towed to Ford for the adjuster to evaluate, I got my rental, not an 06 GT , but an 06 Grand Prix
I am off to press charges now, and file a report. I will let you know what happens. The car started pissing brake fluid out of the drum. I hope my evaluator is genorous...

Old 08-07-2006, 02:55 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Update on my crash hit & run chase w/B#*ch

Hope everything goes well, and yeah the Ford Dealer is where I would have taken it
Old 08-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Sucks to hear about your car but glad you're okay! It doesn't surprise me that the opposite side of the drive train is having problems as well. Think about how you were hit and the whole action/reaction scenario.

Your drive train is basically suspended from the rear of the car and is therefore lighter and less supported than anything else on the car.

When you were hit, that axle probably popped out up to a foot to the opposite side. That stretched the brake cable and who knows what else beyond it's tolerances. I would have what ever shop you take it to, not only visually inspect it, but put it on frame and alignment equipment. It will help to identify any 'hidden' damage that is not easily visible to the naked eye.

Have them also inspect the motor and tranny mounts to make sure they didn't get tweaked. Inspect the ENTIRE drive train from end to end as well as the underside of both rears.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:18 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

Glad you handled it the right way by taking it to a shop, a dealer is even better because you can insist on authentic ford parts and there service techs are pretty good. Our neighbor is the body shop manager for NYE Ford in Oneida, NY and they do awesome body work so hopefully that carries over to your neck of the woods, try to get the GT-H rental those are sweet. Good Luck
Old 08-07-2006, 03:20 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 7upedition
try to get the GT-H rental those are sweet. Good Luck
Hertz special
Old 08-07-2006, 04:04 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

how hard were you hit

if its faster than 30mph or something like that they HAVE to evaluate the mechanics.

usually fender benders just cover body/paint but any type of serious accident they must fix the entire car.

my mom was t-boned in a traffic circle.. tourist blew the yeild sign and hit my mom going around 40mph car spun severals times and it was considered totalled (brand new bmw worth over 20k totalled...) she made them fix it. they put a new frame on the car and the whole 9 yards. car was in the shop for 3 months and she got a free bmw rental for the entire time.

dont take there crap. they are gunna tell u "what u should do" but honestly u make the calls man. if u werent at fault u tell them what and how u want stuff done.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:14 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Well.......... that just SUCKS! Sorry to hear that your Stang got hit. I also agree with everyone else that the ford dealership is a good place to take it too... only because your not paying for it lol

Good Luck!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:34 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

Well.......... that just SUCKS! Sorry to hear that your Stang got hit. I also agree with everyone else that the ford dealership is a good place to take it too... only because your not paying for it lol

Good Luck!
+1 on that one. they are usually a bit on the expensive side but not paying and all , they usually do really good work so its worth it.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:34 PM
mustangmike50
1st Gear Member

Just got back from the Police. Turns out, since i caught her, they will not consider it a hit and run, cause I have her info. I am disapointed, I wanted her to learn a valuble lesson from this. What if I was killed or badly injured- just left there on the side of the road...To shed some light on impact, she was doing a u turn, so not much speed there, but I was merging off the highway, and guessing I was cruising at not far around the 40 mph mark. I will continue to let her believe I might press charges. If anything She will think twice next time. My hood does not line up, and since I just got the car recently, I am not sure if it is caused from this...
Old 08-07-2006, 05:01 PM
isthatfuny
2nd Gear Member

well dont tell the insurance co that, tell them the car was perfect..since u have been put in a bad situation and since we all pay to much for insurance cause of our cars let the insurance co. do something for u...plus i dont see how they consider that a not hit and run, in jersey she would be toast!!!!!!......

Quick Reply: Update on my crash hit & run chase w/B#*ch