5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

SHOCKED! news to me about foxes

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:03 AM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

Default SHOCKED! news to me about foxes

So in the post I made earlier about the showdown between the s4 and c-1500, if you saw it, you should be familiar with with the b!tch@ss kid who has an M3. If you didn't, he basically thinks imports always beat domestics and that his STOCK m3 is the faster ish to touch pavement.

Anyways, I told him a I had gotta 5.0 recently and he laughed! He was bagging on them because of they're stock 1/4 mile times and the good old "u have a redneck car."

So my friend korey, who owns the c-1500 and who's dad owns an auto shop, says that's BS, if I spent 2 grand on bolt ons I'd be running 12's, and then if I slap an S/C on top of the, get better suspension, gears, and tires, I'm good for high 10's. Three people agreed with him, and these people know A LOT about cars. But since you guys know A LOT about foxes, is this true? If I do bolt ons and a supercharger along with the other added mods such as the ones I listed above, will it produce a 10 second car?

Thanks, I just wanted some opinions because I honeslty didn't know it was that easy!?

Ha unless its not and they don't know what they're talking about
Old 08-09-2006, 10:30 AM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SHOCKED! news to me about foxes

Its possible with the rights heads, cam, intake, TB, MAF, Fuel System, S/C, MSD Ignition System, drivetrain, suspension system, gears, axles, tires, and a whole lotta money I'd say you'll easily drop 6-8G's to get to 10 seconds... easily. Remember when the motor produces that kinda horsepower, the rest of the car needs to be able to handle it and get that hp to the pavement.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:47 AM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

Yea no doubt. One guy that use to work at my friends shop dropped 2k for bolt ons and ran mid-high 12's. So lets just say 2200 bucks. Then a supercharger sayyyy 2500, that's 4700 right there. And no idea about the other figures from wat u suggested!

The good thing is, since my friend owns a shop, and we're good buddies, he or him along with people at his shop will do all the labor for free, I just needta get 1-4 people something to eat afterwards, which I' glady do. Another big plus is I get reduced prices on things because if my friends shop orders them, they pay a small chunk of change less too, but when we're talking about this much dough, I'll take it!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:50 AM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

Cool, just take things one project at a time and be sure to have a balanced approach, espicially if its your DD. Get an engine mod, then do some suspension work, then back to the motor. Good Luck and try to stay outta debt its easy to do w/ the 5.0
Old 08-09-2006, 10:58 AM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

Oh yea dude...DEF one step at a time. and suspension work? I want to get that done first. I realize that its easy to keep pumping cash into a car, but school is more important, so then I can getta good job and make a MONSTER 5.0!!

And its not like in 2 weeks I'm going down and getting all this done. After all, even though its my first car, its still a project, not homework! This whole thing will take at least a year, but in the end totally worth it.

College first, then the whip....ha and with the ride comes the women
Old 08-09-2006, 12:17 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

Getting suspension done first will "give you more power" b/c you will be transferring more, a lot more in some cases, to the ground. Once you do that and chassis bracing, you have a good platform to whoop that a$$. M3's are fast, depending on what year, but not untouchable. W/ the proper foundation and the mods listed in this thread, you could run all over an M3.

If a kid is driving it, don't let him get to you...most people under 21 (guessing at age..) driving $50K+ cars are whiney, spoiled brats and not worth the time. If you beat him he'll just say he missed shifts or make up some other trash.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:26 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

Getting suspension done first will "give you more power" b/c you will be transferring more, a lot more in some cases, to the ground. Once you do that and chassis bracing, you have a good platform to whoop that a$$. M3's are fast, depending on what year, but not untouchable. W/ the proper foundation and the mods listed in this thread, you could run all over an M3.

If a kid is driving it, don't let him get to you...most people under 21 (guessing at age..) driving $50K+ cars are whiney, spoiled brats and not worth the time. If you beat him he'll just say he missed shifts or make up some other trash.

ehh its either a 95 or 97 m3, and its beat to ****, doesnt sound nice, but if you asked the owner he'd act like it was a LAMBO. He's ridiculous, i dont like him get to me at all, because i know good things come to those who wait, and @sswhoopings come to those who talk trash! Believe me though, i know about whiney kids and expensive cars. In my graduating class, there were 4 evo's, 4 impreza's, a few 13 second GTI's, 2 S/C'd trucks, 10 if not more beamers, the new range rover sport, 3 dodge rams with the hemi, and woohooo, probably 6 mustang GTs (the newer models, i think 01-04? idk the one model before the current ones) So man, i know how these kids get. I mean come on, a BMW isnt a drag car, so dont talk like it is...

as for the excuses, the first race from a 5mph roll my friend the S4 by 5 cars EASY, then the second, from a 15mph roll, my friend let the S4 get a full car infront of him, then decided to step on him. The audi pulled 4 and a half cars, but my friend made it to 1 and a half just as he hit 60. He stopped though because we were in town, his truck is SUPER LOUD, and he has 6 points on his license!!!!

but since we're talking about suspension, any recommendations judging off the work im going to put into the car?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:40 PM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

He he...I went to school w/ a bunch of rich kids like that and I drove a 1980 datsun 310!!!!

You'll hear all kinds of recommendations based on different opinions, but I'll tell you the direction I'm going. BTW, MM is the best, but very expensive and not necessary in every case, just depends on your plans.

U/L control arms--UPR
xl subs--laurel mtn
springs--H&R supersports
struts/shocks--Tokico HP
strut tower brace--MM
A-arms--FRPP (newer design and include new balljoints, check FRPP's site)
torque box reinforcement
diff cover--UPR or MAC
panhard--MM

A lot of places, including MM sell packages that will save $$, so if you can save up and go that route, it may give you more $ in the long run to use toward something different.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:50 PM
BascoSauce
2nd Gear Member

hey thanks for the help but does MM stand for something?

i tried googling it and couldtn find anything really in terms of buyings, just info about them from forums which would be helpful, but since im at work i needta disguise my internet time wisely so i dont get caught!

i'll read up on them on the train ride home
Old 08-09-2006, 12:55 PM
red85gt
1st Gear Member

Actually the 95-99 M3's are not a very expensive car these days. you can find a decent one for under 10 grand, and they are an excellent performing car. But they are certainly not drag racers. Stock 0-60 times are a little under 6 seconds and I believe they run the 1/4 in the high 13's-low 14's. It wouldn't take much to beat him in a drag race. But it will cost you a fortune to try and keep up with him on an open track. The brakes and suspension on the M3 are light years ahead of our fox chassis cars. I work for a BMW specialty company and I've driven several M3's and used to own a 92 325i with lots of aftermarket goodies. Even that 325i with 17 inch wheels and a mild lowering spring/sport shock setup would kick my GT's @ss in the corners. And i've got a pretty well built suspension in the mustang. But the Mustang sounds way better, and brings a far bigger smile to my face. Not to mention it's got T-Tops. You can't get those on a BMW.

Quick Reply: SHOCKED! news to me about foxes