5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

heddman headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 12:14 AM
EmptyEvergreen
3rd Gear Member

Default heddman headers

are heddman headers good quality or should i look elsewhere
Old 06-10-2004, 12:27 AM
RAGNAROK
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: heddman headers

Well I been running a set of Heddman long tubes for over a year now without and trouble. I don't know If I'm just lucky or they are actually good quality. I payed like $140 for them so I'm sure they are the greatest in the world. Anyway like I was saying I like them alot and haven't had any trouble. I hear they are leak prone though.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:38 AM
NOS/MAN
I ♥ Acer

I HAD OVER 3 SETS ON SOME OF MY CARS AND THERE WHERE OKAY,,I GOT ONE SET STILL OVER 10 YEARS OLD AND NO RUST HOLES ,,BUT DONT DRIVE IT MUCH AND PARK INSIDE
Old 06-10-2004, 02:17 AM
EmptyEvergreen
3rd Gear Member

have to be better than what i have now, they came on the car are rusty and i think they leak because when i get near a wall or drive by cars a hear a raspy noise reflecting back
Old 06-10-2004, 04:15 AM
95Stealth302
4th Gear Member

If your going for shorty or LT headers, go with Ford Racing ceramic coated. It's definately worth the extra money. I had some total pos Flowtechs (a division of Holley) on the car and it was horrid, nothing fit correctly. I saved up a little and Summit actually took back the old tubes and refunded me so I could get the Ford Racing ones, and I can't tell you what a difference it was to get them on. They fit perfectly (Ford Engineers designing products for Ford cars sounds like a good match to me) and the engine bay was way cooler.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:20 AM
bobby
5th Gear Member

hedman arent excatly that great from what ive heard, go with mac or bbk, def get the ceramic, not only lasts longer, but holds in the heat a lot better!
Old 06-10-2004, 03:42 PM
bmorrisj
3rd Gear Member

my headman shorty set was the first thing i bought for the car....cant beat $70.....but i want GT40P heads and i'll probably get a LT setup.....
Old 06-10-2004, 03:58 PM
mkspeed26
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bobby

hedman arent excatly that great from what ive heard, go with mac or bbk, def get the ceramic, not only lasts longer, but holds in the heat a lot better!
MAC??? many people on this site have posted aboput problems with MAC stuff, so i wouldnt recommend them. it sounds like noone here has ever had any problems with hedman and i have heard good stuff about them, so hedman sounds like a good choice. plus, they are a good price. what else can you want???
Old 06-10-2004, 07:23 PM
RAGNAROK
2nd Gear Member

Well , I have to admit if I could go back I would have spent extra on ceramic coated ones. These things turn my engine bay into a furnace. Forget trying to touch anything under the hood for a few hours after you shut the thing off lol .I'de use header wrap but it would cause them to degrade even faster . I park my car outside and within 4 days my black headers had turned a beautiful shade of rust. I was on a budget then , but if I could go back i'de have invested in ceramic. As far as Mac goes I have heard more bad than good about them from others on here .
Old 06-11-2004, 05:45 AM
bmorrisj
3rd Gear Member

mine turned to beautiful rust too... but they work fine so i dont have to spend any more money on my exhaust...

Quick Reply: heddman headers