5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

im starting to hate my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default im starting to hate my car

Well school starts in a week and im going to a different school that isnt in my area. Its my old school so im going back to it.

I have a bad intake leak, my car idles really bad and shakes when your sitting in it at a stop. It really sounds like a lawmmower when im babying it. The ****ty sound of it goes away around 3 rpms.

What im saying is, i have no experience in fixing ****. and i cannot take my car to the shop because i need to get to school. I am trying to think if i could fix it myself? I might just buy a whole new upper and lower intake but i don't even know if i have the ability to put it on my car?
Old 08-16-2006, 04:40 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: im starting to hate my car

Well, dont buy a manifold if you dont know what your problem is.

And also, you can swap an intake if you wanted to. Its really not that hard.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Oh, i know its definetly a intake leak. My car went into the shop a while back and the guy informed me that i have a very small intake leak. Since then, the bitch must be big as hell. Sounds like a ****ing lawnmower! You can hear it like 10 yards away.

But i could swap the intake myself if i wanted? I dont need a lift or anything? What do i need to watch for?
Old 08-16-2006, 05:02 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

My fault I forget you already knew what the problem was!

Its pretty much straight foward swap. Just remember what you took off and where stuff went. Bag your bolts. Im sure there will some stuff that you will get confused on but just take your time and everything should be fine. I think it took me like 5-6 hours to swap mine the first time I did it and I did it with a friend and it was also his first attempt to swap a manifold (this was like three years ago).
Old 08-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Hmm really?

What do i have to watch out for, anything crazy? Anything that i could seriously **** up and have to take it to a shop?

Whats this thing i hear about. a Dizzy?
Old 08-16-2006, 05:06 PM
93must
3rd Gear Member

If you do not have expierience working on cars it will not be an easy task! I dont know what your knowledge is on cars but some people think that everyone can do it because it is easy for them! I do alll of my own work because I grew up around cars but a freind of mine couldnt turn on a flashlight if he had to! Jus dont want you to get into something you cant finish. And no you dont need a lift! haha
Old 08-16-2006, 05:06 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

A distributer. People use the term "dizzy" because they are too lazy to type D I S T R I B U T E R ....... LOL
Old 08-16-2006, 05:07 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93must

If you do not have expierience working on cars it will not be an easy task! I dont know what your knowledge is on cars but some people think that everyone can do it because it is easy for them! I do alll of my own work because I grew up around cars but a freind of mine couldnt turn on a flashlight if he had to! Jus dont want you to get into something you cant finish. And no you dont need a lift! haha
ANYONE can do a upper/lower manifold. There is nothing "special" about it. Just remember where you pulled this out of and knowing where to put it back in lol

Old 08-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

So all i have to watch out for is:

Remember where everything goes?

What about peices..does anything go back a certain way, like a certain angle?

I think im just more worried about ****ing it up then fixing it.

How did you do it 88bluegt?

IF you can it would be cool if you stated some of the steps so i can get a glimpse of what im gonna be doing.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:14 PM
93must
3rd Gear Member

you should be careful what you say about what people can and cant do! Unless you are going to his house to help him when it wont run and he cant make it to school!

Quick Reply: im starting to hate my car