5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

how much dough is in your five point ohhh

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 02:30 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

Default how much dough is in your five point ohhh

lets see them cars, under the hoods, and a detailed description of what we all have here... yea you guys are right pull out that good oll recipt book or box and lets see how much you can suprise yourself's and see how much $$$$ you have sunk in the good oll stang!
Old 08-20-2006, 02:33 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Default RE: how much dough is in your five point ohhh

see sig for equipment..............

dumped about $4,000 in that with dyno tune and full exhaust

Still need to get cam and get my gears installed.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:35 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

I could probably buy a small new car with my investment.... dont wanna know...
Old 08-20-2006, 03:02 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

my list! and about 25,000 later.......

The car has a full 8 point roll cage, corbeau racing seats, 4 piont seat belts, a tripple gauge pod displaying all autometer gauges, oil pressure, engine temp, and transmission temp. Also a 5" monster autometer tach matches the gauges. the rear seat has been deleated. The headlights and corner lights have been upgraded to cobra style. The tail lights have been upgraded to 98 style, the wire harnesses have been changed and they are painted to match. The car also has a 3 1/2" cobra rr svo hood painted to match. Also 5.0 badges on the fenders. The windshield has been tinted on the top. chrome windshield wiper deleate kit. Chrome bullit interior accessories. Also a DEI viper alarm system. The car rolls on 18x9" and 18x10" american racing rebel wheels. The wheels are wrapped in BF Goodrich DRAG radials. The car has upr adjustible upper control arms, lakewood traction bars. 4.10 gears and kyb agx 8 position adjustible gas shocks and struts. The car also has an energy suspension master polyurithane bushing kit (replaces every bushing in the car)! Also upr 4 way adjustible caster camber plates. The car has an eibach drop kit in it. Also has brembo drilled slotted rotors, and hand painted calipers. The transmission is automatic AODE and has been pulled and built to the max with all kevlar bands, a B&M shift kit. A B&M transmission cooler kit. and a B&M ratchet shifter. Also has a 2800 custom built stall converter.The car has an aluminum drive shaft, with a lakewood drive shaft safety loop. All engine mounts and transmission mounts have been changed to the energy suspension urithane bushings. The car also has ford racing ball joints and all 4 ty-rod ends(inners and outers)Also an energy suspension sway bar end kit. The Mustang fetures a stock Block with a new ford racing oil pan, pick up tube and high flow oil pump with hd shaft. Car has a superchip. Also 195lph holley fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, ford racing 19# fuel injectors, and a liquid filled schrader valve fuel pressure gauge with an extention. The bbk cold air intake feeds air to the edelbrock 70mm throttle body, and the edelbrock elbow andup and into an edelbrock performer II upper intake. A trick flow 1" intake spacer. Back down to a edelbrock performer II lower intake. the car had a ful msd ignition system including an MSD 6al box w/ revlimiter an MSD pro billit distributer, cap and rotor. MSD 9mm built red wires and autolite racing spark plugs. MAC headers, MAC off road H pipe into an SLP loudmouth cat back. The car also has a brand new high flow water pump. with a Mr.GAsket 180 Degree thermostat in a Chrome Ford Racing water outlet. The car also has MAC pullys, a ford racing ac eliminator and a smog pump eliminator kit, with a new belt. Also a red top optima dry call battery. I have a taylor trunk mount battery kit but havent installed it yet. (I KNOW IM FORGETTING SOME THINGS)
Old 08-20-2006, 03:41 PM
94RoadRacerGT
2nd Gear Member

[:-] Well I am sure you new family addition will enjoy riding in that LOL. I could have bought my car twice for just my suspension upgrades. Now Im working on the motor[&:] Ill let you know in spring where Im at. I am sure Ill be living in my back seat.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:15 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

94roadracer did you get my pm?
Old 08-20-2006, 05:27 PM
copracr
1st Gear Member

3200 bucks, including purchase price, into my 94 Cobra. Its such a beater, but I love beating on it. Damn thing wont pass echeck though so it will be a few more bucks later this week.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Steeda1716
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: copracr

3200 bucks, including purchase price, into my 94 Cobra. Its such a beater, but I love beating on it. Damn thing wont pass echeck though so it will be a few more bucks later this week.

Dam that must be one piece of $hit cobra..
Old 08-20-2006, 05:58 PM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

my engine in my 90 stang won't be able to fit in a picture..(it's way to big)....um bought mine for $2,500...then put in a couple thousand for a mild cam, ect.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:08 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Well paid $3000 for the car, so lets start there.
Car came with K&N drop in w/ the air silencer removed, cheap steel u/d pulleys, hooker headers that leaked out the ***, off road h pipe, and supposable flowmaster 40 cats a panasonic cd player, 17" Cobra Rs, and a cheap fiberglass Saleen wing, (POSSIBLE AFTERMARKET CLUTCH), 2" Lowered Eibach
I've added:
1.) BBK CAI
2.) 9mm Ford Racing Wires
3.) BBK U/D pulleys
4.) BBK Headers
5.) Red Line Tuning Gas Hood Shocks
6.) Tinted Cobra Headlights
7.) 96-98 OEM Style Taillights
8.) My Sony X Plod Stereo
9.) 4 5"X 7" Eclipse Speakers
10.) Boston Tweeders
11.) 1200W Sony Professional Series Amp
12.) 2 10" JL Audio Subs
13.) Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
*.) Using the Off road h pipe, but will replace it with a Magnaflow True Chamber Off Road X Pipe
*.) Still Using the Flow 40s, but will replace them with either another Flow series or some other brand
*.) Saleen Wing is still on, but will replace it with a urathane wing as well as a Saleen Body Kit
*.) 17" Cobras, not going anywhere
*.) Eibach springs aren't going anywhere

NOW HERE'S WHAT I'VE FIXED
sensor coolant temp, sensor pigtail, new gear gaskets, alinment, new front and rear disc rotors, new front and rear disc calipers, disc brake wheel bearings, full fluid flush, adjustable strut plates, lower ball joint, new Fuzion tires, manifold & tube assy (A/C), o rings, new air compressor w/clutch, freon refill, accumulator, passenger side tire rod.

TOTAL - APPROX $9500 with price of car paid included

Now I bought the car in late May and I've already done all of these things to it, still have a couple of more repairs to make, but after that, let the mod fest begin.[8D]

Quick Reply: how much dough is in your five point ohhh