5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Too Loud!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Greedy
1st Gear Member

Default Too Loud!

So the local cops have givein me every ticket they can think of, and used every excuse in the book to pull me over. And finnaly they've forbidden me to drive my car, i CANNOT drive it or they will continue to give me tickets, they even told me so. They say my exhaust is to loud, radios to loud, and i dont have a front plate. I dont have the money to change my exhaust since they gave me two tickets last night and i got a seatbelt ticket a lil bit ago. I have Equal length shorties to a custom 2.5" X pipe to flowmaster 40's dumped. What can i do to quite it up a bit? Would tailpipes make it quieter? I love the sound and so does everyone else it just I've been pulled over 10 times now and have gotten 3 tickets in the last month
Old 08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: Too Loud!

Yes t-pipes will quiet it down.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Kick fix is...............................steel wool.

stuff a few of them down the pipes...gently and it will get you tothe store and back. If you shove one too far then it will rust in a few days and disentegrate. This is only a quick fix but it will keep you from getting tickets until you figure out what to do........
Old 08-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Greedy
1st Gear Member

Will it be enough to stop getting harrased? Cuz I cant go buy them and still get tickets, id be PISSED. Hell yea, wouldnt steel wool cause alot of backpressure though?
Old 08-26-2006, 10:06 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Not sure about that, it will quiet it down quite a bit. where do you live?
What is the law concerning noise. Do they check it w/ a decibel meter or do they just say it's too loud?
Old 08-26-2006, 10:09 PM
PONY GUY
4th Gear Member

1. get tail pipes

2. turn down your stereo

3. put your front plate on

4. Keep your seatbelt on

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 08-26-2006, 10:09 PM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Yea it will not much more than two cataletic convertors but it will get you up the road. Get the course stuff the "o" not the "oooo" stuff.............I had to do it once when my truck had strait headers and only tailpipes.......cops harrased my *** so much that I had to do something. My buddy said he did it for about a month and so did I. Funny as hell when you see the copper stare you down and wonder what you did on one day???
Old 08-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Greedy
1st Gear Member

UMm m i live in white bear lake mn, (close to St Pauk), ive had plenty cops compliment me on the car/sound, others say its annoying, this one decided to be a dick and call it not muffled, i told him i have a compltete exhaust system he said its to loud we get complaints, yet harleys and trucks can be loud as they please....gay, i wear my seat belt, only bump it on the freeway, and my car doesnt have the mount on the front and i hate to drill holes in the bumper, i asked if i could throw it in the windshield like i see alot of cars do but he said no, i try to be as inconspicuas as possible. looks like i'll try the steel wool out then get tail pipes..how much you think they'll charge for pipes
Old 08-26-2006, 10:29 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Well by not having the front tag, it sends a red flag right there. Then they will nit pic you for other stuff once you are pulled over. My car is plenty loud, I NEVER get pulled over!!! I don't drive like a maniac either. Yeah, I have the front tag on too.

You need to find out exactly what your state law is concerning the exhaust and noise ordinance and go from there.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:08 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PONY GUY

1. get tail pipes

2. turn down your stereo

3. put your front plate on

4. Keep your seatbelt on

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
LMAO... you pretty much found easy solutions to all of those. 3 out of 4 can be taken care of free of charge! It's really that simple.

Quick Reply: Too Loud!