5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I Took 3rd Place At Ford Nationals. Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 03:47 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I Took 3rd Place At Ford Nationals. Car Show

Lol, I dunno. They say the stroke can give you around 50hp. Wonder if you get that much out of it if the rest of the motor is stock. It would take a dweebo to do that. huh?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:53 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ikeybmg

Lol, I dunno. They say the stroke can give you around 50hp. Wonder if you get that much out of it if the rest of the motor is stock. It would take a dweebo to do that. huh?
Actually, I guess you would get around 50 lbs of tq...at the crank. When you put it that way, it doesn't sound so silly. But yeah, stock heads would probably choke up most of the gain anyway. Agreed--if you have the money to build a stroker, it seems only natural to put some heads on it.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:11 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

Definetly. It would be worthless without heads IMO. I have a race coming when I get it back. It's a bone stock 2001 vette. Non Zo6. Ive taken 2 regular vettes like that, but they we're close ones. This dude has had this car for like 1 month and is parading around town like the king. He beat my cousin (97 cobra, stock except exhaust) and he beat a 2001 firehawk also. He got the cobra by 2 cars and the firehawk by 1 car. My buddy in a 90 gt raced him today and he got him by 2 cars also. He has a 302 with wondsor Jr heads/ cobra intake/ e cam and a few boltons. I hope I can toast him good. He keeps getting everybody on the holeshot because of the trac control. Im going to get some drag radials and weld my subframes on+ throw the upper/lower contral arms I bought. And throw the RPM II intake on also. Its gonna be fun if I can get him. Everybodies counting me as an underdog because I havent run it for awhile.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:12 AM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

now now ikey..racing is illegal!

haha eff that..you better win!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:16 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Definetly. It would be worthless without heads IMO. I have a race coming when I get it back. It's a bone stock 2001 vette. Non Zo6. Ive taken 2 regular vettes like that, but they we're close ones. This dude has had this car for like 1 month and is parading around town like the king. He beat my cousin (97 cobra, stock except exhaust) and he beat a 2001 firehawk also. He got the cobra by 2 cars and the firehawk by 1 car. My buddy in a 90 gt raced him today and he got him by 2 cars also. He has a 302 with wondsor Jr heads/ cobra intake/ e cam and a few boltons. I hope I can toast him good. He keeps getting everybody on the holeshot because of the trac control. Im going to get some drag radials and weld my subframes on+ throw the upper/lower contral arms I bought. And throw the RPM II intake on also. Its gonna be fun if I can get him. Everybodies counting me as an underdog because I havent run it for awhile.
Let us know what happens. Hopefully you'll put a spankin' on him. Night fellas.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:17 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stevens91gt

Another ole buddy! Sup man? I hope I can get him. I just have to get the holeshot. The ones I beat before were from a roll. They said it takes off like a rocket with the trac control on. Its hard to beat that, mine spins bad. I think d/rads and the other things may hook mine up good enough. This dudes such a punk too. I want the firehawk too. He beay my cuzz by 1 car, got him out the hole too. That firehawk was an auto.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:19 AM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stevens91gt

Another ole buddy! Sup man? I hope I can get him. I just have to get the holeshot. The ones I beat before were from a roll. They said it takes off like a rocket with the trac control on. Its hard to beat that, mine spins bad. I think d/rads and the other things may hook mine up good enough. This dudes such a punk too. I want the firehawk too. He beay my cuzz by 1 car, got him out the hole too. That firehawk was an auto.
haha whats up man..i was trying to find the right time to enter the convo

pshh nm here..jus saving up for gears

yours should hook pretty good w/ dr's and a lil suspension work

oo i lost to a T/A by 2 cars that was an auto [&o]

but that kid ended up getting arrested cuz the cops saw him and he ran from em
Old 09-07-2006, 04:27 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

Dang man! You runnin right with the TA's. They have 305hp, right? Gears could put you door to door. What all do you have done to it now? Thats funnt bout tha kid getting arrested. He may have beat you in the race, but at least you beat him home!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:31 AM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

Dang man! You runnin right with the TA's. They have 305hp, right? Gears could put you door to door. What all do you have done to it now? Thats funnt bout tha kid getting arrested. He may have beat you in the race, but at least you beat him home!
haha i know..and he only had his permit..and another kid in the car

he got it taken away and put in the impound

umm i have all bolt ons now..ignition box..coil..UDP's..full intake..full exhaust

so im jus waiting til next week [my birthday] so i'll have enough money for some 4.10's
Old 09-07-2006, 04:34 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

What will you save up for after the gears? A set of heads would have her rockin! Ha ha, did the cops actually see you racing, or was he speeding after the race? Or did they just chase him for running?

Quick Reply: I Took 3rd Place At Ford Nationals. Car Show