5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Fuse/electrical

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 09:30 PM
dljohnson69

Default Fuse/electrical

Got a 90 LX that turn signals and brake lights suddenly stopped working on. They are on different fuses and other things work on those circuits and nothing appears to be blown . There are no fusible links on a 90 model. Ideas?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:03 PM
dljohnson69

Default RE: Fuse/electrical

Update:

The brake lights work now. The turn signals still do not work , inside on dash or any outside. Backup lights DO work and they are on the same fuse (which I replaced for the hell of it , to no avail).

Ideas??
Old 07-08-2004, 10:46 AM
dljohnson69

Okay then, I will answer myself for anyone who runs into this on their own.

There is supposed to be a flasher signal relay and a hazard signal relay. The hazard signal one is the round one that is actually in the fuse panel. The turn signal one is located on the instrument panel brace above the fuse panel.......according to the Chiltons manual. I have not located it yet ( it was dark last night) but hope to find it today. Just FYI.....if anyone KNOWS EXACTLY where it is please post. .....before I tear the crap out of my car this afternoon....thanks.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:08 PM
dljohnson69

Well, it turns out that after pulling half the crap out from underneath the dash on the drivers side because I couldn't see it.....it was on the passenger side. Probably due to a radio install or something. While I was under there I pulled all the old 1993 alarm system out. Enclosed is a picture of my nightmare. The car still actually runs...amazing.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:37 PM
nhdungeonracer
3rd Gear Member

Well, soory to be late reading this......

I could have told where Ford placed that damn turn signal flasher. If there was a Ford engineer around when I finally found it and got it out, I'd a shoved it right up you know where, then booted him there as well to be sure it was planted good [:@]

No reason for Ford to have placed it there. Just stupidity on their part as far as I'm concerned.