5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

New Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 09:30 PM
RacquetballRyan
3rd Gear Member

Default New Car

Hey everyone,

I have good news, and bad news.

I love my 5.0 as much as everyone else on here, but its not too good of a daily driver. I have to do a lot of things to keep it to run right, and replace stuff a few times a week. I'm big into racquetball, and my parents are now letting me go to tournaments by myself. I need a car that can get me everywhere, so I'm thinking about buying one of the new Ford Fusions. I talked to my parents and they were cool with me buying another car as long as I put the mustang somewhere. I'm trying to find someone who wants to keep it for a bit, in their garage or somewhere. I can leave it at my uncles house, but he lives in Tennessee. I need the new car, but I don't want to part with the stang, especially all the way out in Tennessee.
Any Ideas, suggestions, anything??
Old 09-17-2006, 09:34 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: New Car

Drive it on up to Md and I'll take care of it for ya!!
Old 09-17-2006, 09:39 PM
jrxs_racer
2nd Gear Member

if you give me 25$ ill store it and even drive it everday for you and makin sure it always leaves good skidmarks on the ground
Old 09-17-2006, 09:51 PM
tl86gt
4th Gear Member

some self storage places usually have car spots w/ locks and everything you can rent for probably 50 bucks a month or so... my family has 11 vehicles and room for 7, its gonna be a rough winter so we were faced with the same question.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:01 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

Why dont you like it as a DD? It doesnt get great gas milage, but if you can buy a new car i think you could afford the gas.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:03 PM
jrxs_racer
2nd Gear Member

he'll prolly take a loan out for the new and he said he replaces stuff alot, so there wouldnt be the mainteince thing, get 05 GT instead of a fusion
Old 09-17-2006, 10:30 PM
tl86gt
4th Gear Member

IMO fusions are cool little cars. id say get a fusion but keep your fox for sure. if all else fails, you could buy a little 10x15 shed for $2000 with a garage door, insulate it, and put it in there.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:53 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Drive it on up to Md and I'll take care of it for ya!!
If you drive it to maryland drive it to my house not pro's. I'll take better care of it. I'll even let you know how it does at the track. I've got a set of m/t's on weld wheels that are screaming to get some use.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:58 PM
RacquetballRyan
3rd Gear Member

its not impossible.
I'm not taking out a loan, just buying a new one.
I like the Ford Fusions the best though. I've been looking around a little bit, and I'm trying to decide everything I want in it.
My mom wont let me use a storage unit, I just asked her about that. So it looks like I'll be taking it to Tennessee (or maryland)
Old 09-17-2006, 11:07 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RacquetballRyan

its not impossible.
I'm not taking out a loan, just buying a new one.
I like the Ford Fusions the best though. I've been looking around a little bit, and I'm trying to decide everything I want in it.
My mom wont let me use a storage unit, I just asked her about that. So it looks like I'll be taking it to Tennessee (or maryland)
Woohoo... To be honest I've never actaully seen a fusion. If you want a car thats going to be really reliable and cheap toyota is the way to go. I know I'll take some crap on this but I work on cars all day long and toyotas have some of the best quality cars out there. Its just something I've observed.

Quick Reply: New Car