5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 07:43 AM
BlackMustang02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Headers

ORIGINAL: Twisted

ORIGINAL: ckyguy68

i can barely understand this guy, can someone please help me? i have bbk unequal headers on my car, and i have helped install equals on my buddys car. never had to jack up any part of the engine.

ORIGINAL: ReDline90GT

u do have to jack it up for bbks im sure u no wut ur talkin about since u bought them and it says u have to do that every were yea ur right man u no wuts up ??
Looks like just random sounds to me. Let me try: bricks fib u jack bbk rabbuts ad ne poptart. That was fun.

Seriously though...I think he said, "Check out the pictures of my wife's bowels on Photobucket."

good more ya take the jack thread up the car lift the roller cam stampede dyno rush with 17 second lift cams drag racing the header on the drivway with no engine mounts leaves you about a quarter mile hands down bring extra gloves to put the bbk equal lenght long tubes under the drivers side airbag rental button dont look to hard when your spark plug lets go over the transmission speedo gear put in 5.76 gears on your back left tire so you can insert twice the horsepower on the timing chain if your head light doesnt work keep the gas lid running frequently around the license plate to give you full access to your trunk lid handle and make sure your blinker fluid doesnt leak cause your header wont have a fun time installing a gasket cleaner with seafoam.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:31 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

^^ Now that was a good one! lol haha

Anyway, the header installation will depend on how bad your motor mounts are... if your motor mounts are shot than you will most likely have cleanance issues with the headers. If they are NOT, than they should just slip right in...
Old 09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
drewguere
1st Gear Member

Well the 5.0 was just put in, so the mounts should be good...but if its like everything else, i have my work cut out for me.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:08 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Its not EASY but it wont be the most difficult install...
Old 09-18-2006, 01:49 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

give yourself the day to do it and be sure the stock manifold is cold before you grab onto it... my dumass learned the hard way... LOL, but yea a good set of felpro gaskets and some locking header bolts are a good idea as well, and tighten them as tight as you can get them, cause a torque wrench wont fit in there(unless you have aluminum heads), then retighten a few hundred miles later. Good Luck
Old 09-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackmustang94gt

i can barely understand this guy, can someone please help me? i have bbk unequal headers on my car, and i have helped install equals on my buddys car. never had to jack up any part of the engine.

u do have to jack it up for bbks im sure u no wut ur talkin about since u bought them and it says u have to do that every were yea ur right man u no wuts up ??
Looks like just random sounds to me. Let me try: bricks fib u jack bbk rabbuts ad ne poptart. That was fun.

Seriously though...I think he said, "Check out the pictures of my wife's bowels on Photobucket."

good more ya take the jack thread up the car lift the roller cam stampede dyno rush with 17 second lift cams drag racing the header on the drivway with no engine mounts leaves you about a quarter mile hands down bring extra gloves to put the bbk equal lenght long tubes under the drivers side airbag rental button dont look to hard when your spark plug lets go over the transmission speedo gear put in 5.76 gears on your back left tire so you can insert twice the horsepower on the timing chain if your head light doesnt work keep the gas lid running frequently around the license plate to give you full access to your trunk lid handle and make sure your blinker fluid doesnt leak cause your header wont have a fun time installing a gasket cleaner with seafoam.

Nicely put.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackmustang94gt

Nicely put. Sounds like about half the posts on this forum.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:11 PM
89regattaLX
1st Gear Member

I helped put headers on a '97 4.6L T-bird and that was hell but only took about a day to install so you shouldn't have any problems with your 5.0...it shouldn't take you more than a few hours by yourself.