5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

MM Subframes or Powdercoating Kit ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:17 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: MM Subframes or Powdercoating Kit ???

ORIGINAL: 98GTConvt

get both! well try to scrape up the cash, cuz they r both pretty amazing things. i think i'd go with the powdercoating kit though cuz when do you ever find those? subframes will be easier to find another time.
Well, its a company thats selling the kit. Here is the link, I have heard about these people too and they are pretty reputable. It also comes with two pounds of paint for free. And if you go on their website they have lots of paint options.... you should see of their metallic paint! It looks SICK!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Old 09-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Muk_Mustang92
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

ORIGINAL: Muk_Mustang92

Dont you need to heat up the powdercoating after you spray it, like in a furnace or something like that?
Yes you do... most paints need to be baked on at 350-400 degrees. You can powdercoat in a regular oven but I plan on getting a powdercoating over which runs around 500 dollars.... but a home oven will do for now. Just cant tell my mom I will be baking car parts in her oven lol haha
I would never hear the end of that one lol
HaHa! Well hopefully she will never find out about it. Im just worried about it stinking up the kitchen or something lol
Go to junkyard or somthing and find an old oven, stick it in your garage and you can powdercoat things for your friends for $$$.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:18 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PX429

I voted for the S/F connectors, but...

wanna powdercoat my rims black?
I already thought about that but Im not sure if I can HANG them inside my oven lol I might have to drill some holes in the top of it so I can hang parts from it lol haha what a site to see... my mom comes home and Im drilling holes in the oven trying to hang car parts from it to bake paint inside of it lol omg i can see it now!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:21 AM
Muk_Mustang92
2nd Gear Member

I voted for the S/F connectors, but...

wanna powdercoat my rims black?
I already thought about that but Im not sure if I can HANG them inside my oven lol I might have to drill some holes in the top of it so I can hang parts from it lol haha what a site to see... my mom comes home and Im drilling holes in the oven trying to hang car parts from it to bake paint inside of it lol omg i can see it now!
Id pay good money to see her reaction.
[sm=signs003.gif]
Old 09-19-2006, 01:24 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Dont you need to heat up the powdercoating after you spray it, like in a furnace or something like that?
Yes you do... most paints need to be baked on at 350-400 degrees. You can powdercoat in a regular oven but I plan on getting a powdercoating over which runs around 500 dollars.... but a home oven will do for now. Just cant tell my mom I will be baking car parts in her oven lol haha
I would never hear the end of that one lol
HaHa! Well hopefully she will never find out about it. Im just worried about it stinking up the kitchen or something lol
Go to junkyard or somthing and find an old oven, stick it in your garage and you can powdercoat things for your friends for $$$.
I already thought about that.... Im thinking about just going to the junkyard and pulling stock valve covers, stock manifolds, brackets, etc. Im sure I could make decent money off of it because once you buy the kit the paint is only approx. $15 a pound. They claim that 1lb of paint can paint 35-50 square feet. Thats alot of valve covers! LoL I will use it ALOT myself though because my main goal is to turn my 93 into a show winner and powdercoating will help alot with that. I could do all my brackets, bolts, manifold, piping, etc.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:32 AM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

Dan, DO NOT use your moms oven!!! First off, she'll kick your ***, 2nd, it's toxic. buy one at a garage sale or something, but please don't use the oven in your house PM sent....
Old 09-19-2006, 01:36 AM
PX429
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

Dan, DO NOT use your moms oven!!! First off, she'll kick your ***, 2nd, it's toxic. buy one at a garage sale or something, but please don't use the oven in your house PM sent....

SSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN IT GSPFUNK!!! Now he won't do my rims!

p.s.
actually i didn't even think about it, that would be toxic
Old 09-19-2006, 01:44 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gspfunk

SSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN IT GSPFUNK!!! Now he won't do my rims!

p.s.
actually i didn't even think about it, that would be toxic
Its alright Ill do your rims anyway! who cares?!?

But seriously, what else could I use? Becuase I cant put an oven in my garage becuase it has to be ran off gas right? Can they be baked in the grill or something lol
Old 09-19-2006, 02:00 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

OK........ does anyone else have anything to say?

Subframes or powdercoating kit?
Old 09-19-2006, 02:05 AM
Steeda1716
3rd Gear Member

subframes..

ever here the line "chrome dont get ya home"....Well thats the idea atleast..

Quick Reply: MM Subframes or Powdercoating Kit ???