5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

vortech V.S. powerdyne

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:38 PM
BLUEPONY5.0

Default vortech V.S. powerdyne

Alright I saved up and it is time to purchace a supercharger kit. I have been looking at the vortech v2 sq s-trim. Its #@%^$% bad ***! but there is also the powerdyne that runs 9 psi and it is about a thousand bucks cheaper. what to do? does anyone out there have any experience with the powerdyne or vortceh systems?
Old 09-19-2006, 11:41 PM
BlackLX
4th Gear Member

Default RE: vortech V.S. powerdyne

The powerdyne is a $1000 cheaper for a reason. Go with the Vortech s/c.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:47 PM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

If you are running a street car and you dont want ppl to hear the blower.....go powerdyne. They are very quiet. I have the 6 psi unit and I love it. They come with a 3 year warranty.

I like the Vortech also. My boy has one and loves it. I like the powerdyne but dont let me talk you into one. Do the research and choose for yourself......

Old 09-20-2006, 12:10 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I have heard a LOT of bad things about Powerdynes. But SSKiller does actually have a nice setup and his powerdyne has done great for him. I have another guy locally up ehre thats running the 6 PSI powerdyne as well and he has had no problems. If you're a gambler, then go with the powerdyne. But if given the choice I would go with the Vortech. Not even a close decision for me.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:11 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Powerdynes do have one major advantage though. They put a LOT less wear and tear on your engine and will make your engine last longer. That's because for 4 out of the 12 months in a year, it will be sitting at the manufacturer waiting to get repaired as opposed to sitting in under your hood. With Vortechs, they are stuck under your hood for all 12 months, just tearing away at your engine life
Old 09-20-2006, 12:55 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

That's not a fair comparison at all. The Vortech is 4 times the blower for less than twice the price.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:06 AM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Powerdynes do have one major advantage though. They put a LOT less wear and tear on your engine and will make your engine last longer. That's because for 4 out of the 12 months in a year, it will be sitting at the manufacturer waiting to get repaired as opposed to sitting in under your hood. With Vortechs, they are stuck under your hood for all 12 months, just tearing away at your engine life
Bla hahahahahahah now that is funny!!!!! Go Vortech......I will stay with my Powerdyne......until it blows up then it is Turbo time!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Muk_Mustang92
2nd Gear Member

go vortech or novi
Old 09-20-2006, 02:30 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SSKiller

ORIGINAL: samseed101

Bla hahahahahahah now that is funny!!!!! Go Vortech......I will stay with my Powerdyne......until it blows up then it is Turbo time!!!!!!
I've gotta say, your powerdyne seems to be very kind to you. I know they're not all garbage... I think the problem is more a customer service issue than anything. And I was impressed with the one I see in person on a regular basis. Not impressed enough to trade my procharger for it, but impresses anyway
Old 09-20-2006, 04:16 AM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

Not impressed enough to trade my procharger for it.........shut up I would kill to have an ATI Procharger!!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather spend the money and build a turbo kit.......My 6 psi unit is going to make 400 rwhp and blow up!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: vortech V.S. powerdyne