5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

95 gt gone to crap..help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 11:56 PM
vtecex

Default RE: 95 gt gone to crap..help

theres no fluid from the tailshaft, some around the differential, some one tell me how to post pictures like samseed did and ill run out and take more.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:59 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I'm too tired to think right now, lol. It's late and I need some rest before having to get up at the crack *** of dawn again. But off the top of my head, I'm wondering if you are having an issue with your harmonic balancer.

Also, I don't see it too often... But if your motor mounts were failing they would also cause a noticable vibration that changes with RPMs.

I'll try to tackle this in the AM when my brain is rested, lol.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:08 AM
jzgt
2nd Gear Member

Ok -- that's good that there's no fluid leaking from the tailshaft housing or up in the tunnel.
Check out the stuff I put in my thread -- that should help you narrow it down... Like I said -- check the balancer.

Also -- when you time it, take the spout connector out.

If you have fluid around the front of the diff, near the driveshaft flange and slung up around that part of the tunnel, you'll need a pinion seal. If it's just leaking at the cover, well you'll have to get a gasket or some RTV.

Also, you could have some issues with your axles or more if the differential is out of fluid.

Like I said, though -- check out your balancer first.