5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Is it like this with y'all?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 03:14 PM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Is it like this with y'all?

Yes, it gets tough at times with bills, gas, tuition, working two jobs, and going to school at the same time, and trying to keep a young woman happy...But I always manage to scrape up a little bit of money. Sometimes I just want to drive my '89 GT off a cliff, and others I think about all the great stuff I want to throw onto it. The first few months I owned my '66 vert I was really gung-ho about it. I was out there every day sanding, turning wrenches...I had parts coming in weekly. Then I lost my job, and the money stopped coming in. The car was supposed to be done by the beginning of this summer. I was really pissed about the lack of money but I kept doing what I could. I got another job a couple months later (I missed out on about 2500 bucks thanks to my boss being a dick, that car would be done if I hadn't gotten fired). Then I dropped the tranny, rebuilt it, and now all the parts I took down are mixed together and I really have no motivation or time to spend putting it back together. I definitely have big dreams for that car. I've really considered selling it, but I'm attached to that old piece of crap.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:59 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FordMustangXBA

Yes, it gets tough at times with bills, gas, tuition, working two jobs, and going to school at the same time, and trying to keep a young woman happy...But I always manage to scrape up a little bit of money. Sometimes I just want to drive my '89 GT off a cliff, and others I think about all the great stuff I want to throw onto it. The first few months I owned my '66 vert I was really gung-ho about it. I was out there every day sanding, turning wrenches...I had parts coming in weekly. Then I lost my job, and the money stopped coming in. The car was supposed to be done by the beginning of this summer. I was really pissed about the lack of money but I kept doing what I could. I got another job a couple months later (I missed out on about 2500 bucks thanks to my boss being a dick, that car would be done if I hadn't gotten fired). Then I dropped the tranny, rebuilt it, and now all the parts I took down are mixed together and I really have no motivation or time to spend putting it back together. I definitely have big dreams for that car. I've really considered selling it, but I'm attached to that old piece of crap.
That PERFECTLY described me with my 88 GT. I get REAL into it and I will be sanding, primering, doing body work cleaning wrenching every day for a month and than I just stop out of nowhere lol But I will NEVER get rid of it... Im waaaay too attached lol Even though its missing almost every body part, interior, motor, trans, etc. I still LOVE that car... I actually like it more than my 93 LOL
Old 09-22-2006, 04:10 PM
81ponycar
2nd Gear Member

that is the same thing with me in fact i just got into mine again and just this past week finished my 4 cylinder to V8 swap so i am pretty happy.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Yea, i agree. Just untill lately i got back into it. I'm on these forums, summit and other car part places in all my spare time. Which i have alot of recently, not having a job and such. ( i'm a loser right now ) Over the winter when i first started workin on my car, i was there as much as i could be, then i didnt go work on it for like 2 months, then i started again, and finished takin it apart. Then it sat for about another 2 months. Just a few weeks ago, we towed it out of my grandmas garage over to a family friends garage so he could help me finish it. Now i'm obsesed with getting it done. So yea, it comes and goes. And i have thought about selling it, but then when i was really pondering about it, i could never sell it.