5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Stock H-Pipe....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default Stock H-Pipe....

Ok so I still haven't figured out why my car is so slow but assuming I have cats that are slowly becoming clogged it occured to me that I need new exhaust to get my car running like it used to. (Used to do 0-60 in 6.9 stock now it is 9.6)

Well the problem was I wanted to do exhuast last, intake first. Why? I want it to be a sleeper as long as possible and believe me nothing screams modded faster than loud exhaust.

So I want to know does ANYBODY have a stock h-pipe they can sell me? If so PM me please...

Thanks
Old 09-22-2006, 11:45 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stock H-Pipe....

i may have one soon, because i plan to switch to a bbk catless h-pipe with shorty headers

i also have stock headers

156k as far as i know.. not cracked or anything. i have american thunder catback wit stock pipes (4 cats) and it sounds really good.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:46 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Don't buy a stock intake, I understand that you want your car to be a sleeper but your car will be much faster with a off-road h.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:48 PM
PX429
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 83gtragtop

Don't buy a stock intake, I understand that you want your car to be a sleeper but your car will be much faster with a off-road h.

or even a High-Flow cat'd H
Old 09-22-2006, 11:48 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Also why not go to Midas and have them weld in some new cats for you? That way you will know the cats are good and you won't have to pay $75 for shipping.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 83gtragtop

Just looking for a cheap solution. I want to keep the stock hpipe too for emission testing because eventually I want to throw an O/R on anyway.

Don't feel like having a muffler shop chop off all 4 cats (or up to all 4) just to have them replace for the same price as a O/R.

If someone has a stock hpipe that they don't need anymore then I could be lucky and buy it for dirt cheap....maybe just even pay for shipping who knows.

Also when you say 75 for shipping?....is that 75 JUST for shipping?
Old 09-23-2006, 12:27 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

?....is that 75 JUST for shipping
The stock h is incredibly heavy. If you order a bbk catted mid pipe is will still keep the car from being loud but flow better and would work just as good on keeping emissions down. You have to remember the cats in our fords is old technology. Theres a 2 way cat in there for co and hc, and a seperate cat after them for nox. Now the bbk cats are 3 way cats and reduce co, hc, and nox emissions. Also getting cats replaced is not going to cost you $150 espicialy if your getting 4. It will cost you at most muffler shops anywhere from 75 - 150 per cat plus instalation and misc parts. Getting an aftermarket mid pipe from bbk which you can get shipped free from summit would be your best bet.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

The stock h is incredibly heavy. If you order a bbk catted mid pipe is will still keep the car from being loud but flow better and would work just as good on keeping emissions down. You have to remember the cats in our fords is old technology. Theres a 2 way cat in there for co and hc, and a seperate cat after them for nox. Now the bbk cats are 3 way cats and reduce co, hc, and nox emissions. Also getting cats replaced is not going to cost you $150 espicialy if your getting 4. It will cost you at most muffler shops anywhere from 75 - 150 per cat plus instalation and misc parts. Getting an aftermarket mid pipe from bbk which you can get shipped free from summit would be your best bet.
*sigh* I dont know.....I just wasn't ready to spend that kind of money on an aftermarket catted exhaust.

Trust me I have no problem getting one but that is money that I would have to find somewhere....just looking for the cheaper route.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:51 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pure5.0

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

*sigh* I dont know.....I just wasn't ready to spend that kind of money on an aftermarket catted exhaust.

Trust me I have no problem getting one but that is money that I would have to find somewhere....just looking for the cheaper route.
Just search craigslist, then you can get it local. Shipping for something that big will be an arm and a leg. I've seen them for sale as low as $25 on the list.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Stanpower
4th Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-93...em130029814569

Quick Reply: Stock H-Pipe....