5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 05:03 PM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WTF!!!

ORIGINAL: onetrickpony

Thats $200 that could be going towards another mod. I would tell him how dare you doubt my part ordering skills and then I would call him a *****.

AND NOT A BIG ONE EITHER
Old 10-07-2006, 06:07 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

The simple solution you your crossmember problems is to let the exhaust hang by the mufflers and the headers, disconnect the hangers at the transmission, and go to a parts store and buy longer rubber hangers for the mufflers, this will drop the exhaust a small bit and will let it hang without rattling!
Old 10-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Mustang95
3rd Gear Member

DIDNT READ TO MUCH OF THE THREAD...JUST WANTED TO LET YOU NO I HAD NO PROBLEMS BOLTIN MINE ON...NOTHING RUBBED...
Old 10-07-2006, 07:52 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

The simple solution you your crossmember problems is to let the exhaust hang by the mufflers and the headers, disconnect the hangers at the transmission, and go to a parts store and buy longer rubber hangers for the mufflers, this will drop the exhaust a small bit and will let it hang without rattling!

Be easier to just re bend the hangers a little...

I had the issue...I just narrowed up my H and it fixed it for my car.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
redmustang83596
4th Gear Member

a mechanic is supposed to repair stuff, unless he is in the business of modifications... mechanics are so used to having things fit towards factory spec, they dont know what do to when they run into aftermarket ****.. most mechanics i know wont deal with a car that has aftermarket parts on them.. i say do it yourself, so when you have a problem down the road(and you definatly will) you know how to fix it, especially if you move or the guy dies or sumthing... thats my .02... as far as the rattle goes, just trim the part up a little bit so it doesnt contact, no harm done..
Old 10-07-2006, 10:42 PM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

And second why are you guys all up this guys *** for having the work done somewhere? Maybe he isn't mechanically inclined but just wants a nice car. maybe he doesn't have the time to work on it. anyone ever think about that? Cut the guy some slack!!!
[/quote]

I am not up his *** by any means. This guy he takes his car to is a jerk. Its one thing to take your car to someone and have them do an install but to be paying him and having him bitch at you is another. No matter if he is giving you a deal or not he should not be an *** to him.

All I was saying is if you do it yourself you save some money and do not have to put up with this guys bull**** about the parts. Plus when you run Jackie Chan and spank him by nine you can say you did it ALL yourself.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:14 PM
PONY GUY
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: squad272

ORIGINAL: ooticamitica

yea it is alot of fun, except when the stock pipe slipped out of my hand and the flange hit my eye brow, i have a gap/scar on my eyebrow now
^^^^+1 ITS NOT A PARTY UNTIL SOMEONE GET A FLANGE IN THE EYEBROW!!!!

I know very little, and with a bit of help here and a good neighbor, I just replaced an axle on my crown vic and then by myself had to PULL IT ALL APART and fix an antilock brake issue I created while replacing the axle.

Think of all the mods you can afford if you do it yourself.

I do axles and bearing in 00 Cv every 3-6 months i have them in my fleet
Old 10-07-2006, 11:19 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

i dont know much about fixing engines or modding them, (im learning) but , its a goood thing i have a uncle whos the best mechanic i know, and trust me, i know alot. plus i got my cousins who are mechanics too. one of them has a 9 second civic si. thats not rice, that a whole meal to serve most of you.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:35 AM
JonBlaze68

Thanks guys for all your help. I think i will eiter get longer rubber hanger or bend the hangers themselves, either wayi think it shouldnt be a big problem i just got stressed out because it seems to happen to all my parts. I cant wait till i start rebilding the engine. Although i still might get a new crossmember because i want to change everything under the car and my new Aode will be coming in a month.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:56 AM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redmustang83596

a mechanic is supposed to repair stuff, unless he is in the business of modifications... mechanics are so used to having things fit towards factory spec, they dont know what do to when they run into aftermarket ****.. most mechanics i know wont deal with a car that has aftermarket parts on them.. i say do it yourself, so when you have a problem down the road(and you definatly will) you know how to fix it, especially if you move or the guy dies or sumthing... thats my .02... as far as the rattle goes, just trim the part up a little bit so it doesnt contact, no harm done..

That's what I call a parts changer, NOT a mechanic.

Quick Reply: WTF!!!