5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

'95 GT Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:31 PM
92GreyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: '95 GT Decisions

With the power loss above 4,000 rpm I would think with 170,000 miles it might be your valve springs.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:58 PM
ZiggyNamja

Yup... I know the springs must be getting saggy by now, but first things first.

So, today I cleaned the throttle body (a bit on the gunky side), the TPS and the idle assembly. While the intake was open, I notice a good amount of gunk in the intake manifold, so this weekend I am taking that off and cleaning it...
I am not giving up until this damn thing runs right again.

Just an observation that I have not validated yet - When I disconnected the sensors for cleaning, I also removed the battery feed, which resets the dumbass computer (maybe it will come out of its coma) and when I restarted the engine I decide to bleed the fuel rail, in case some bubble was in there... I was expecting a good squirt of gas, but it seemed a bit weak. So, I bled it some more, until it was providing the expected pressure.

I did not run the car on the road yet (got to do some work sometime), but if that fixes it I am lucky, because it was just a fluke idea.

Anyway, I'll test it this afternoon and am still going to clean the intake manifold this weekend - I'll report the outcome ASAP

Thanks everyone for sticking with me on this!!!!

Seafoam? [sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Old 10-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Keep us posted on how its goin. Seamfoam clean out carbon in your motor, you put it in your gas, oil and in a vacuum line. I think the booster line. I hear it works really well.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:35 PM
ZiggyNamja

Will do...

Here is the bucking beast

[IMG]local://upfiles/50663/7A7931B89957491EA8C4881293D63DF0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-13-2006, 03:58 PM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

After reading this, i really dont want BBK headers...
Old 10-13-2006, 04:21 PM
RealMcAssHole

ORIGINAL: MustangMadness7

After reading this, i really dont want BBK headers...

Yeah if I could go back I wouldn’t buy them again...I bought the most expensive ones thinking id be better off... Piff yeah right!! after I did my headers my car sounded alot better... not a big diff in Hp but it was nice.... then my efffin check engine light would never go off... took it to shops all the time and every time they fixed something and cost about 250 each time easy... its doing it again... efffin BBK ****...but yeah my car was kinda dying out when i would stop at a light but then after take off run fine... then it started kickin.... took it in and at first they said my effin header gaskets blew... Back to them BBk ****... to redo them $800 yeah right!! Did them myself, 4 hours and new aluminum reusable gaskets my beast was back to runnin great only $40 (my uncle is a manager @ a local AutoZone)!!! No exhaust leaks. its was saying something like inefficient flow to my Egr valve and not enough flow to my O2’s but with the fix to my Exhaust leak my O2’s should be getting some air… now im thinking about changing my Egr valve.. bc the light only come on after a few miles of driving… and some time goes off…the other day I hit 120 down the street against some *** in a cobalt those little supercharged ones..... And the light went off... After a few miles runin low speeds/Rpms it was back on… so im thinking it is my Egr valve and it’s stickin??? I took it off and sucked on the holes and it opens and closes but ppl say it could get stuck... I don’t know???

If anyone knows or has an idea of what the eff is goin on let me know thx
Old 10-13-2006, 05:11 PM
kevinas1214
2nd Gear Member

I got a day of my car running good and the headers seemed to make the car run a considerable amount better....
Old 10-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

When i bought my car it had BBk longtubes on it and i had no problems at all. Could you run test to see why the check light is on ?
ZiggyNamja-looks good, i like the color , What rims are those ?
Old 10-13-2006, 05:26 PM
RealMcAssHole

YEah I ran the Test for the Engine light and it came back what I said... inefficient egr valve flow and its running lean... I believe or rich I dunno and then they said something about my O2's which the exhaust leak which is now fixed.....was im thinking I need to change out my Egr valve... one other thing I was working on my car the other day and it was running a little crappy... so I checked my filter. Then I turned her over and was listening to her and was checking all my wires and sensors then I unplugged my Mass Air sensor and she purred like a kitty..... But the light came on real quick like... plugged her back in and light off/runs like crap.... I think that might b bad 2?? I don’t know im losing my mind over here... lol[:@]
Old 10-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Fox
1st Gear Member

Good looking car Ziggy!!

Quick Reply: '95 GT Decisions