5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

My Procharger isn't loud enough! (video)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:05 AM
mpswirl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My Procharger isn't loud enough! (video)

Not all turbos are noisey, Mine is very quiet all i here is the exhaust and the blow off valve.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:07 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Then you shouldn't have gotten the p series, they are the quietest. I have been told my many (with loud cars) that when I am behind them they can hear it plenty. It's louder out of the car then when in. Mine seems quiet as well from the inside.
I'll have to get someone to drive by in my car to hear how it sounds with the P series. I take it you went with D?
Nope, it's p-1 also. I was very surprised when they told me they could hear me behind them.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:12 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Does yours also make a weird sound when you put it in reverse? Hard to desrribe it..almost like a grinding noise or something. Can't tell if it's coming from the headunit, the pulleys, or the tranny cooler. All are in the same location (roughly) and I can't tell what it could be. I guess I coudl ahve someone sit in there and hold the brake while in reverse while I look closer... but I was just wondering if anyone else had the same noise. Wondering if it's normal. It doesn't seem to affect anything.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:14 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Nope, no weird noises unless you count that whistling sound!!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:16 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

strage... I'll have to see what it could be. It almost sounds like bearings grinding or something. But it's only when I put the car in reverse and it doesn't seem to affect anything. There's no problem in any other gear. It's probably not hte S/C because I can't think of how "reverse" would cause it to act differently or spin differently. Problem is, I put the tranny cooler in the same time I put the S/C in, so it could be either one of those.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:00 AM
bernout
2nd Gear Member

i want a procharger
Old 10-10-2006, 01:05 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: bernout

i want a procharger
Not sure if it's still available but........

from another site

Full kit P1sc head Unit all the piping every nut and bolt. I've got 42lb injectors
FMU, external fuel pump, mass air meter, msd btm, stock pulley and 2.8 reichard racing pulley, phantom boost gauge, etc. EVERYTHING NECESSARY TO COMPLETE THE KIT. Looking to get 2500.00 for the whole setup. Give me a call @ 240-216-4271 if interested.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:42 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

That's a good deal! That's the price you'd pay for a new kit, but the kit wouldnt include the pump, injectors, or gauges. Of course you technically don't need all of those, but they're great to have and you'll probably want them.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:57 AM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

let's just say i'd have a damn good idea what's under your hood at a stoplight sounds great to me.

btw what the hell are you guys talking about a turbo being loud[&:] turbo = sleeper....you don't hear it until it's too late usually you'll just hear the exhaust...if you know what i'm saying[8D] sskiller you mention your twin turbos in every post...i can understand excitement but just git r done if i had a nickel for everyone who's getting turboed no offense because i have faith in you but you know what i'm saying
Old 10-10-2006, 04:03 AM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

let's just say i'd have a damn good idea what's under your hood at a stoplight sounds great to me.

btw what the hell are you guys talking about a turbo being loud[&:] turbo = sleeper....you don't hear it until it's too late usually you'll just hear the exhaust...if you know what i'm saying[8D] sskiller you mention your twin turbos in every post...i can understand excitement but just git r done if i had a nickel for everyone who's getting turboed no offense because i have faith in you but you know what i'm saying
I know I know...........I will shut up now.

Quick Reply: My Procharger isn't loud enough! (video)