5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

smoking the tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 10:02 PM
ryan_89_mustang
4th Gear Member

Default smoking the tires

I am just wondering how everyone smokes there tires weather they do brake stands or just rev high and drop the clutch? I would just like to curious, I am still new to my stang and am wondering how exactly to peel out leaving a nice trail of smoke.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:13 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: smoking the tires

try stepping on the gas
Old 10-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

You could dump some oil in the gas tank. That would give you a trail of smoke where ever you go.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:16 PM
frankbullitt
2nd Gear Member

Automatic is easy. Just step on the brakes and the gas at the same time. Manual is a little more tricky. Put it in first and rev. Once you drop the clutch your left foot has to get to the brake quickly but on hard or it will stall. Motor Trend wrote a how to on this. Search on google, but thats pretty much it.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:18 PM
FordRacing302
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: frankbullitt

Automatic is easy. Just step on the brakes and the gas at the same time. Manual is a little more tricky. Put it in first and rev. Once you drop the clutch your left foot has to get to the brake quickly but on hard or it will stall. Motor Trend wrote a how to on this. Search on google, but thats pretty much it.
Istead of doing that with a manual, I just heel/toe the brake and gas pedal. It works alot better, But I rather just rev it and dump the clutch
Old 10-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Pure5.0
3rd Gear Member

Easier way is in a manual just press the brake with your right foot heel and the gas with your right foot toes. Basically have your right foot controlling both brake and gas and then rev it up with the clutch in and then dump the clutch. If you start to move forward press the brake harder. If you aren't moving foward let up on the brake to make the burnout easier on your back brakes.

And use the front of your foot to adjust the RPMs.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
frankbullitt
2nd Gear Member

Yea, its alot easy with tons of power. Its kinda hard if your car only has simple bolt ons.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
fourfivefour
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pure5.0

Easier way is in a manual just press the brake with your right foot heel and the gas with your right foot toes. Basically have your right foot controlling both brake and gas and then rev it up with the clutch in and then dump the clutch. If you start to move forward press the brake harder. If you aren't moving foward let up on the brake to make the burnout easier on your back brakes.

And use the front of your foot to adjust the RPMs.
Once this method is perfected grab second and then third gear.

The least damaging method would be to install a line loc/roll control.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pure5.0

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

You could dump some oil in the gas tank. That would give you a trail of smoke where ever you go.
Screw that. you want some REAL smoke? Seafoam!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:37 PM
frankbullitt
2nd Gear Member

LOL!!! This has gone to a different topic. I think.LOL

Quick Reply: smoking the tires