5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I just F*** up!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 10:14 AM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I just F*** up!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: SKEETS50

Ok, I have an 85 GT with an AOD 4 speed. I pulled on the shifter handle and it all fell apart, three pieces, handle, push button, and a spring. Its not that it wont go back on, it just wont go back on right. When I get it on the button wont line up so it will work. I want to do a five speed swap, I just dont have the money, plus I am joining the navy, and getting married all around the same time.
This statement confirmed what I thought.... your not very bright are you?

LMAO J/K, just not fond of being on a boat w/ dudes for six months and marriage is self explanitory!

As for your problem, forget trying to piece that back together, spend $110 and buy a new B&M Auto shifter, P/N 80681!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:29 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 7upedition

Ok, I have an 85 GT with an AOD 4 speed. I pulled on the shifter handle and it all fell apart, three pieces, handle, push button, and a spring. Its not that it wont go back on, it just wont go back on right. When I get it on the button wont line up so it will work. I want to do a five speed swap, I just dont have the money, plus I am joining the navy, and getting married all around the same time.

LMAO J/K, just not fond of being on a boat w/ dudes for six months and marriage is self explanitory!

As for your problem, forget trying to piece that back together, spend $110 and buy a new B&M Auto shifter, P/N 80681!
Yea right! You will be lucky if you were only on for 6 months! I know two people in the Navy including my GF's dad who was a Seal ( yea definetly not a good thing for me ) and he stayed on his boat for THREE YEARS !!!!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 02:00 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Have some respect. My father and grandfather both served 30 years each, my dad was in the Navy, grandfather was in the Army.

ORIGINAL: 7upedition

Back on subject, get rid of that shifter all together and get the B&M ratchet shifter, it's way cool.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:54 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92hatchLX
Have some respect. My father and grandfather both served 30 years each, my dad was in the Navy, grandfather was in the Army.
Relax... [8D] It wasn't meant to be offensive, i have the upmost respect for our armed services!