5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Anyone here running a PA tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Default Anyone here running a PA tranny?

After I get my windows tinted I'm going to start saving up for a new tranny and hopefully around christmas time I'll have enough to get one. I'm looking at either the PA (performance automatic) Super Street tranny or the Competition tranny. Anyone running either one of these? I'm leaning more towards the Super Street tranny because I don't plan on taking this thing anywhere near 450 hp any time soon.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:26 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone here running a PA tranny?

lentech automatics... no opinion on pa sorry
Old 10-26-2006, 02:28 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Are you running a Lentech?
Old 10-26-2006, 02:35 PM
OJMiles
3rd Gear Member

I'm running a Performance Automatic SuperStreeter... I like it for the money and the guys at PA are great to deal with... the car chirps the tires between shifts, haha... Only problem is their valvebody is set up 1, 2/3, 4 just like stock... but imma put in a Lentech Street Dominator in after the first of the year, manual/automatic with electronic overdrive lockout...

But like I said, can't say anything bad about the transmission.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:46 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

What are your shiftpoints at? How does it act compared to the stock tranny? This is good news.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:47 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

I run a PA SuperComp C4 with the lifetime warranty. I've never had any issues with it. When you're ready to seriously shop, PM me. I can get some good pricing on PA trannys.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:51 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

I run a PA SuperComp C4 with the lifetime warranty. I've never had any issues with it. When you're ready to seriously shop, PM me. I can get some good pricing on PA trannys.
Can you beat summit's price of $1295?
Old 10-26-2006, 03:52 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I would look into Lentech... I dont have personal experience with either of them though but I do know people running PA tranies and they seem to like them. BUT PA's prices are insane. You can save hundred's of dollars going through Lentech which are just as reputable! Plus you get the OD lockout and good *** valve bodies. Their street bruiser is good for 550 horses and only runs $1800. I would call them before you make a decision on a PA tranny. Like I said, everything I hear about PA is good but they have raised their prices ALOT in the past year and IMO its only because their name is getting out there and they know they can because people will pay whatever and they are taking advantage. Last time I asked them why their trannies went up hundreds of dollars and they said because the price of aluminum............ [&:] How much f*cking aluminum is in their trannies to make them go up hundreds of dollars? I just dont like that.....
Old 10-26-2006, 03:59 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

I would look into Lentech... I dont have personal experience with either of them though but I do know people running PA tranies and they seem to like them. BUT PA's prices are insane. You can save hundred's of dollars going through Lentech which are just as reputable! Plus you get the OD lockout and good *** valve bodies. Their street bruiser is good for 550 horses and only runs $1800. I would call them before you make a decision on a PA tranny. Like I said, everything I hear about PA is good but they have raised their prices ALOT in the past year and IMO its only because their name is getting out there and they know they can because people will pay whatever and they are taking advantage. Last time I asked them why their trannies went up hundreds of dollars and they said because the price of aluminum............ [&:] How much f*cking aluminum is in their trannies to make them go up hundreds of dollars? I just dont like that.....
The lentech street cruiser is rated for 300 HP and it's $1700. PA's superstreet trans is 1300 on Summit and is rated at 450 hp. It says the transmissions have only gone up $50 on PA's website.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:05 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Your right my bad they are 1,995 not 1700. But they are good for 500+hp. I guess for your situation PA might be better than... all I know is that Im going to need a tranny to handle 500hp and PA's are like 2700 or something like that.

Quick Reply: Anyone here running a PA tranny?