5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Fuel Gauge...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:29 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: Fuel Gauge...

ORIGINAL: Sidewayz6.0

I have given this no thought, and I'm all out of ideas.
Isn't this a contradictory statement?[&:]
Old 10-27-2006, 12:30 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

I never said I was lazy. I just haven't gotten to that particular problem. One thing at a time here man.
Oh and doing nothing about a problem is being lazy to me
Old 10-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Are you f'ing serious? The "I have given this no thought, and I'm all out of ideas. " was a joke. The car is currently being painted. I just built the motor, suspension and trans. Put it all in the car. Fought about 20 other little BS problems and got it running and able to be driven. Then it went to the body shop. At which point should I have stopped what I was doing and worried about the freaking gas gauge. Perhaps your sarcasm meter needs some adjustment...I can't believe anyone would have taken that comment seriously.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:38 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Dude, I just responded to your statement. I don't know you from adam and yes, there are ppl that stupid.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:40 AM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

sorry dude, were used to a lot of illiterate morons... i took it seriously also.

Are you f'ing serious? The "I have given this no thought, and I'm all out of ideas. " was a joke. The car is currently being painted. I just built the motor, suspension and trans. Put it all in the car. Fought about 20 other little BS problems and got it running and able to be driven. Then it went to the body shop. At which point should I have stopped what I was doing and worried about the freaking gas gauge. Perhaps your sarcasm meter needs some adjustment...I can't believe anyone would have taken that comment seriously.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:46 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

I can say he has been far from lazy on the car. In the last year, he built the motor, built the trans, did a AOD to 5 speed conversion, put suspension on the car, repainted the pony rims, hung new fenders and bumper cover, and did a bunch of other little things including helping me on the body work. Pro maybe you don't know him but it should be pretty clear that he was making a joke, it's a pretty common line he used. FWIW I though this place was for asking questions?
Old 10-27-2006, 12:49 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: ckyguy68

sorry dude, were used to a lot of illiterate morons... i took it seriously also.

You guys really don't realize that Sidewayz has been a Mustang guy longer than he has had that GTO do you?
Old 10-27-2006, 12:53 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

ORIGINAL: JD1969

I can say he has been far from lazy on the car. In the last year, he built the motor, built the trans, did a AOD to 5 speed conversion, put suspension on the car, repainted the pony rims, hung new fenders and bumper cover, and did a bunch of other little things including helping me on the body work. Pro maybe you don't know him but it should be pretty clear that he was making a joke, it's a pretty common line he used. FWIW I though this place was for asking questions?
It is, hense my response w/ suggestions!!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:11 AM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

I sense hostilities....someones got there panties a little tight ladies anyway, I have the exact same problem with the gauge i have no gauge face if i push the fuel gauge to e it goes back up to F almost 12 o clock straight up...I replaced the fuel pump and hooked everything up right it worked for a week now its stuck at full. Dont know what the deal is. I too havent given it much thought and im all out of ideas...LOL
Old 10-27-2006, 02:47 AM
Dearborn5.0
2nd Gear Member

Hate to be the village idiot, but are you actually low on fuel?

For instance, my mustang's guage stays pegged at F, then suddenly drops to half a tank when I have half a tank of gas.
It doesnt really hang between full and 1/2.

Quick Reply: Fuel Gauge...